Trucks for towing boats

lew

Interesting but you have to take all these reports with a grain of salt....every time a manufacture comes out with a "NEW" truck it wins some kind of a award from some kind of a magazine.

Posting gas mileage of each truck towing and non towing would of been the most helpful thing but was not included and I have to ask WHY ? ? ?

Bob

Tundra Owner

Lew you should be outside enjoying paradise not playing on the puter at 9:40am i am stuck at work here or i would be out in the boat right now :Gonefishing:

I WOULD be out in the boat Ernie, 'cept the "real" fishing doesn't open for another couple weeks yet :lol::lol:

I've been looking to pick up a tow vehicle. Have to admit, my Montana slips a bit on the steep ramps with nothing more than 12 foot aluminum but currently have her in the driveway with a 9x5 utility trailer full of crap and it will do just fine. It kind of bugs me that me 98% of "tow" vehicles I see have one guy, no cargo, no tow.

Edited by Weeds

Looks like the Ford ran away with everything. One thing with the ford, their frames are a lot bigger heavy duty and the hardware bolts are twice the size.

I am a Ford truck guy all the way but I always find it a bit funny when they brag about the size of the bolts that hold thier box on...when's the last time someone just lost the box off thier truck cuz the bolt sheared...never? lol

Looks like the Ford ran away with everything. One thing with the ford, their frames are a lot bigger heavy duty and the hardware bolts are twice the size.

if that were the case, then why did they choose the ram as the winner? :dunno: the ram with a hemi is more powerful than the f-150 and the ride is MUCH better than both ford and the tundra. toyota would likely last longer though.

these tests are pretty much pointless anyways as any new half ton will be able to handle the loads that most average joe's will be hauling.