Zippers

bassjnkie

I have a carp bait bag that the main zipper broke off. I want to replace it with a new large tooth zipper. I went to some local places today and no one is able to do it for me. Does anyone know where I can get this done?

I've asked my wife to repair pants with a broken zipper and she told me to just buy another pair of pants. She said she can do it, but it's a fair amount of work and buying a new zipper makes it almost as cheap to just buy another cheap (that's all I wear) pair of pants.

-

I'm not sure how much your bag is worth and/or how attatched you are to it, but in today's throw-away world, you may be better of just to do that.

-

If you really want to get it done, you could try a place that does boating apolstery...seat covers and other leather/vinyl work. I'm sure anything is possible for a price.

Good luck.

Thanks FishnWire, I called 4 upholstery places near me and they all said it's pretty pricey to do and not really worth it.

Thanks TC I called they don't even want to do it.

$150 down the drain, but thats fishing. Thanks for the help guys.

I have a carp bait bag that the main zipper broke off. I want to replace it with a new large tooth zipper. I went to some local places today and no one is able to do it for me. Does anyone know where I can get this done?

If its the slider thats broke ,you can get a zipper repair kit.

I've fixed tent zippers , life jacket zippers , coats , etc .

Damn! Sorry dude... I guess the guy near me has a queer eye for a straight guy! hahaha. He'll fix anything he knows how to..has a little kiosk in the mall. Does leather, boot, shoe, and stitching repairs. Maybe it is worth getting a new one, I'm sure the place in your signature will hook you up.

buy a zipper and stitch it on yourself...I've done it myself on my vest, wading jacket, canoe bag, few others.....pain in the ass but nothing a few beers and a ball game can't fix while you're hand stitching away....I used 20 lb power pro to sew with, didn't look pretty but my stitching has held up a few yrs at least