Sign in to follow this  
irishfield

FIRE BAN for the ENTIRE Northeast

In case you missed it in the "what are you doing this long weekend"..

Just an FYI for those heading North ! Leave the matches at home... you can't have an open/camp fire.

.. there is a TOTAL fire ban for everything in the Northeast section of Ontario. Looks like it's from about Powassan up.. I haven't looked at it in detail as it won't effect me.. :wallbash::wallbash:

http://forest.lrc.gov.on.ca/AFFM/fire/interactivemap/RFZ/map.html

In case you missed it in the "what are you doing this long weekend"..

Just an FYI for those heading North ! Leave the matches at home... you can't have an open/camp fire.

.. there is a TOTAL fire ban for everything in the Northeast section of Ontario. Looks like it's from about Powassan up.. I haven't looked at it in detail as it won't effect me.. :wallbash::wallbash:

http://forest.lrc.gov.on.ca/AFFM/fire/interactivemap/RFZ/map.html

Wayne, Sorry to jump your post but how low is the water? I've heard rumors the lake is down pretty far.

Thanks,

thats just great,i guess no bonfire for me when i go outside of espanola this august.

oh well,what can ya do.

Well I'd sure hope we get some rain by August Lunatic.. but who knows!

NBR... I haven't made it there yet and looks like end of June before I can. Buried here in work..

Reports are the lake is still over 2 FEET lower than FALL drainage condition... ie.. my airplane docks are sitting on the bottom!

That sucks... :wallbash:

We're just gonna throw a bunch of glowsticks in the firepit and cook smores in the microwave.

I'm kinda wondering..Is it because the bush is tinder dry and lack of precipitation ..or if the MNR imposed this Ban because of the amount of high risk accident prone walking definition of Murphy's Law [ like myself] people are out and about in the boonies and parks this weekend... I wonder if they'll lift it by next weekend... I'm hoping so :worthy:

Everybody likes a campfire.

RFS

:canadian: