Molding your own crank baits

Hooked

I have this crank bait that is no longer made and is very hard to find. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience molding their own crack baits? The good thing is I have a lure I want to replicate, so I have the design already, I just need to know how to replicate it?

I was hoping for some personal experience on this, or information...

Thanks

Edited by Hooked

Do you have a picture of your lure? or name of the lure. My buddy buys Ugly Ducklings from ebay, that lure you just don't find in stores. I have a friend that is head of a antique lure club. I could ask him a few questions on your lure if you like.

The link below may help

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/crankbait_components-index.htm

Watch Larry Dahlberg, he knows what he's doing and could certainly help a few who want to get into this stuff.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hey Fish Farmer, here is the pic of the lure, and thanks, I know it's Ukko, and the model is U-12 wobbler I believe, around 4.5" long, colour doesn't matter:

100_1208.jpg

Thanks Roy, that video was great, when things go right I'll post my successes, fingers crossed.

Edited by Hooked

Hooker, I emailed my friend the antique lure collector. I'll post his info when he gets back to me. I've never heard of that make of lure, sure looks interesting, it looks a little like a Reef Runner lure. Be nice if we could get you on to some or a little info.

41072001b.jpg

Please stop calling me a Hooker, haha. Yeah, I seen those, unfortunately they are the larger ones, 16cm and 20cm. I'm looking for the 12cm ones. I did find some sites that appear to sell Ukko wobblers, but they are all in Germany, and quite expensive, around $23 CAN. Thanks.

Funny, I purchased some reef runners, thinking they are close, just like your pic, but just not as good.

Edited by Hooked

Please stop calling me a Hooker, haha.

I'm sorry Hooked, I got to get new glasses. I did see you were on other sites inquiring. I'll let you know what my buddy say's when he gets back to me. I see you live in Stoney Creek, I lived there most of my life on Margaret Ave.S. from 1954

Sorry again Hooked

Edited by Fish Farmer

I'm sorry Hooked, I got to get new glasses. I did see you were on other sites inquiring. I'll let you know what my buddy say's when he gets back to me. I see you live in Stoney Creek, I lived there most of my life on Margaret Ave.S. from 1954

Sorry again Hooked

No problem at all Fish Finder. Yeah, I live pretty close to Margaret, I was actually very close to buying a house on that street.