any body fished lake Dalrymple

Used to have a trailer on that lake,, very weedy when we were there,, i am sure it hasnt' changed, they use that lake for the locks , can get shallow in spots ,be careful,, not bad fishing ,we were only there for one year ,so got out a few times and didnt catch that much ,but dont go by me.. good luck.

lipp,

What do you mean "they use that lake for the locks"? Dalrymple is pretty much landlocked and is not connected to the Trent. The Head river flows out of the North end of Lower Dalrymple, but that should have no effect on the locks in the Trent system.

lipp,

What do you mean "they use that lake for the locks"? Dalrymple is pretty much landlocked and is not connected to the Trent. The Head river flows out of the North end of Lower Dalrymple, but that should have no effect on the locks in the Trent system.

I was told that it is used to maintain the trent system ,maybe they were lying at the camp fire or too many beers ,not sure,,

I just started fishing Dalrymple this spring and so far every outing has been better and better. First trip out we only boated 2 fish. Second trip out we boated 8 fish and then this past Thursday we boated 12 fish. I'm really started to develop a pattern on this lake. My best advice would be to look for green weeds and use firetiger coloured baits. This has been the knockout punch for me. Or try a 1/4 oz chart jig and 3" orange grub and just slow troll the grub. The Pike will come screaming after it.