slow death hooks

walleye_man

hey guys got myself a couple of slow death hooks and am wondering where i should be trolling them and to either to rig them with a bottom bouncer or what

i do not troll very often unless i am fishing musky so im haveing a hard time knowing if i have way to much line out or what

thanks a ton in advance

chevy

any type of bottom bouncing rig is effective. Keep the lead to around 6-8 feet. Key is to thread a whole worm on, right to the top of the hook and then pinch off the worm just behind the hook. You get a much better roll than leaving the full worm on. Full worms will still catch fish.

For bottom bouncing I use 1 oz for every 10 ft of water. 15 ft of water = 1.5 oz bouncer. Gives me better control and doesn't take yards of line to hit bottom.

Another decent way to rig if you have sparse weed growth in the early part of the season is to run a worm weight about 1-2 feet in front of the slow death. Peg the worm weight right on the main line. The short lead keeps it a little more weed free.

I always use a trout bead on the line in front of the hook. Gives a bit of colour for attraction

Buy them and use them the way they say to they work and fish love them you will also. Bottome bouncers or in line or split shot depends where you are fishing depth and bottom contour.

Shallow I use split shots

deep with short leads bottom bouncer

rocks bottom bouncer

weeds both

Mix it up and you will be surprised

Make sure you use a SPRO or other good quality ball bearing swivel. These things spin a lot and can really make a mess of your line. On the back of the package is the rigging instructions, follow them exactly and you will be good to go. THEY WORK GREAT when the bite is off.

I rig mine with a Lindy type sinker and about 4' of lead.

The length of the lead is very much dependent on water clarity.

For what it's worth these rigs and style of fishing have worked for me, but only seasonaly.

The faster presentation and twirling action of the worm worked best for me in the summer months when water temps were highest and fish metabolism at it's peak.

This time of year I'm partial to more slower presentations and minnows as opposed to worms.