Sign in to follow this  
archer379

hummingbird fishfinder gps

i have been looking at fishfinder gps combo something like the hummingbird 385 or 387. i am wondering about the gps how does it work with out the navonics maps or do i have to buy the maps

I have a 787 without a map card. I will be getting the Canadian maps this year but have used it for ice and spring fishing so far. On most of the big lakes it will show a rough outline of the lake (water in blue, land in green). Shorelines are a little inaccurate and of course you don't get the lake depths unless you get the map.

Edited by Fang

I'm not sure what your question is....but...I have a 787c2....and I love it, couldn't be happier...the navionics is in it though...

i have a 580 combo. internal maps are okay for direction and navigation but not for depth. navionics cards are compatible.

Got the 587ci combo here... so far, with Navionics chip in... I've still managed to only hit two shoals this month. lol.

Chip does help though, could've been worse..

I just bought the 597ci last week but did not get a chip yet. What's the best or cheapest card to get for ontario lakes? Does Walmart or BPS sell these cards?