Where to go on a Saturday night in Bancroft?

cityfisher

Not sure about in Bancroft itself. Although about 20 minutes to the East there is the Mayo Community Center. They've always got something going on there. Just be prepared to fight if you do go, they get a little hyper at times. :whistling:

Not sure about in Bancroft itself. Although about 20 minutes to the East there is the Mayo Community Center. They've always got something going on there. Just be prepared to fight if you do go, they get a little hyper at times. :whistling:

i agree with the above comment about the scraps, theres not much more to do up there than have a couple pints and fight your cousin. lol . if that doesnt work you could always try the legion that is an experience in its self

Like Elton says -

"Saturday night's all right for fightin',

get a little action in."

JF

My 1st thought was, if your renting a cottage in a beautiful area like Bancroft, why on earth would you want to go into town and sit in a bar at night ?? :lol: Go fish'n in the dark or build a bonfire on the beach or sit on the dock and look at the stars.

Winter when it's snowin & blowin is the time for sittin in bars :lol:

There used to a be mobile Counrty Video dance that used to hit all the small towns up north. Not sure, but I thnk I went to one in Bancroft, memories alittle vague on that night.

ALWAYS had a blast at them.

My 1st thought was, if your renting a cottage in a beautiful area like Bancroft, why on earth would you want to go into town and sit in a bar at night ?? :lol: Go fish'n in the dark or build a bonfire on the beach or sit on the dock and look at the stars.

Lew, you hit right on the head!

Winter when it's snowin & blowin is the time for sittin in bars :lol:

Lew, you hit right on the head!

You guys are both right BUT since most of my friends are city slickers and love going to bar/clubs, they think that possibly on saturday night of the trip some of them ( not me , ill be drinking by the fire ) would go to a local watering hole looking for ladies ( hopefully without a beard )

Edited by cityfisher

You guys are both right BUT since most of my friends are city slickers and love going to bar/clubs, they think that possibly on saturday night of the trip some of them ( not me , ill be drinking by the fire ) would go to a local watering hole looking for ladies ( hopefully without a beard )

Easy there slick us hillbillies don`t take kindly to you cityfolk rubbing up against our women.

And BTW most of our women shave if they are going out on the town!! :)

Good luck going to a small town bar and trying to pick up women. Wear something you don't mind getting blood on.

On a side note wasn't there a rubys somewhere around bancroft? I've been there a time or 2 but my internal compass was ajar at the time.

Easy there slick us hillbillies don`t take kindly to you cityfolk rubbing up against our women.

Good luck going to a small town bar and trying to pick up women. Wear something you don't mind getting blood on.

On a side note wasn't there a rubys somewhere around bancroft? I've been there a time or 2 but my internal compass was ajar at the time.

Classic!

We have had a couple tilts in haliburton over the years, the local ladies cant get enough of fresh meat and the hillbillies straight up hate everyone that they haven't seen before. Should be fun!

Nuthin like beatin on the tourists on a Saturday night :canadian::lol:

What lake you on? Elephant lake lodge has a liqour licence and a TV with the habs game on! The bar is kinda like hangin out in your grandfathers rec room but I liked it. very friendly folk in there. I wouldnt count on the ladies..If you go ask to see the jackdeer.

OK,

I'll give you the snowmobile run....

Start off in Wilberforce Legion, once your voice gets a little loud, hop on to the sled, ATV, Truck with a DD and work East into the village of Cardiff. You have to make a point of stopping in here as the bar tender is non other than Curtis Joesph's Mom. A terrific gal and knows how to make a cola look like a rye and coke. (That was the only drink I would drink on these treks). They have Keriokee music every Saturday night, well worth to hear the locals sing some of the most popular songs in the North. (16 tons, a bottle of whiskey and my sister, Delta Dawn, plus a few of my favorites from the Kentucky Head Hunters). Spend an hour here and then work your way over to the Ruby's in Bancroft, (a little usefull tip: Make sure you have someone in your group with their back to the fire exit door which leads into the parking lot, be sure this person also has the keys in hand to start the said vehicle). After a quick stop in Emerg, you should have enough time to get to the best town to drink in...Tweed. The Tweed Smear best place around to find some loose womin and some strong drinks. Or at least that is where the rest of the boys finally stopped at. They have bands, DJ and a decent dance floor.... Hiccup.....

Me?..... I'll just stick around camp, have a Seizure (triple Polar Ice, bit of Clamato juice and the rest of the fixzens).

Edited by Ron