Manatoulin Island Fishing Question

Hi everybody,

I plan to visit Manatoulin Island this weekend and was wondering if anyone could give me some useful tips on fishing opportunities on the Island. I do not have a boat so I must be able to either rent a boat, or fish from shore. I would be curious to know about shore fishing opportunities, if any, for salmon and trout at this time of year. Also interested in just about any other species available as well.

Any information you could share would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Millhouse

My tip is not to go to the island this weekend. The natives are protesting the new HST and according to the news they are planning to shut down the only road to the island.

Just a suggestion its up to you if you want to go,may have to sit there for a while before you get true

would not want anybody to waste the weekend on account of this and i did not say anything sad.gif

good luck and happy fishing http://www.sudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2583778

Edited by pikeguy

My tip is not to go to the island this weekend. The natives are protesting the new HST and according to the news they are planning to shut down the only road to the island.

Just a suggestion its up to you if you want to go,may have to sit there for a while before you get true

would not want anybody to waste the weekend on account of this and i did not say anything sad.gif

good luck and happy fishing http://www.sudburyst....aspx?e=2583778

Thanks for the heads up! Actually, I am aware of the protest. Apparantly it is scheduled to be over by 9 or 10pm so I will be travelling then. Unfortunately for me there is no turning back since my girlfriend is working there for the next couple of months so I am going to visit. We both just thought it would be fun to get out fishing and also to see some of the Manatoulin Island sites :-)

Cheers!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

enjoy! it's a beautiful place. i've spent a fair bit of time on the island but i can't help much with the shore fishing. i can help with restaurants if you're interested. there are some gems.

enjoy! it's a beautiful place. i've spent a fair bit of time on the island but i can't help much with the shore fishing. i can help with restaurants if you're interested. there are some gems.

Sure, I will likely be enjoying a few meals out so any tips would be welcome. We will be staying in Mindemoya. Thanks...

...your trip home will probably be delayed too! Let the boss know you might be "Gilligan" monday and stranded on an island! What part of the island will you be on? I might be able to help. Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up! We will be staying in Mindemoya. Thanks again!

Hey, I have in laws on the island, I go up there a few times a year. A boat is really essential. and there is a lot of private property around most lakes. sucker lake is good for walleye, musky and bass. Bass lake.. land the great lake manitou. full of whitefish, lake trout, walleye, jumbo perch, bass.. head into the town of manitowaning, go into the musky widows tavern, say hi to norma and mike from jordan! and ask where you can go fish.. give it a shot. ask questions and buy some food as well! good luck and have a blast for all of us who cant get away! :D

Hey, I have in laws on the island, I go up there a few times a year. A boat is really essential. and there is a lot of private property around most lakes. sucker lake is good for walleye, musky and bass. Bass lake.. land the great lake manitou. full of whitefish, lake trout, walleye, jumbo perch, bass.. head into the town of manitowaning, go into the musky widows tavern, say hi to norma and mike from jordan! and ask where you can go fish.. give it a shot. ask questions and buy some food as well! good luck and have a blast for all of us who cant get away! biggrin.gif

Thanks a bunch for the tips! They are really appreciated!!! Cheers! :D