Garmin Lake Maps

ctranter

Hey Everyone,

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442624570&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302885714&bmUID=1274241918285

I recently picked up a Garmin Colorado 300 handheld GPS (via a good deal through the link above + a leftover Christmas gift card) and have been having a blast with beginner GeoCaching around the GTA. I have removed the base maps and added a decent street map pack which works great around urban centers, but for waterways and rural areas, its pretty weak. I have successfully found all my maps via torrent :angel:, but I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for a comprehensive map pack that includes Muskoka and Almgaguin roads and lakes.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

------------------------

I have read that the "Ontario Island Lakes" map pack is embarrassing, leaving out information for many critical lakes (Simcoe, large muskoka lakes...). As well, the BluChart pack seems like it leaves out lots of into in Ontario.

Edited by ctranter

I haven't been able to find Canada Inland Lakes for Ontario on the torrent sites, but it looks like it has most of the stuff not covered by the Bluechart maps. Bluechart is amazing if you fish the Great Lakes or Kawarthas/Trent, but useless for places like the Muskokas and Haliburtons.

Hey there' date='

DanC put me in touch with this company and I bought this:

GPS Quebec

I love the package, it seems to have everything I've ever asked it for.

You might be able to get it on torrents, but I just bought it.

Cheers,

-Graeme

[/quote']

Does this include bathymetry for Ontario inland lakes as well?

the Ontario inland lakes has many lakes on it that the Bluechart maps and Bluechart maps have the lakes that Ontario inland lakes...Lowrance has a better selection of maps but I really like my garmin

Thanks for the advice, in the mean time I am using Topo Canada v4 and it does the trick, I like how it has extensive details for small cottage country roads, trails and lakes. The waterway information could be better suited for fishing, but for now this will do the trick.

I downloaded a BlueChart, unlocked it with the unlock code via Map Source, but when I move maps from MS my handheld says "can't unlock maps" upon bootup.

Anyway I went 3 for 4 today in high park geo caches with it so I am pretty satisfied! :clapping: