Baxter Lake, Gloucester Poll

jimca11

Hi , I am searching for any info on Baxter Lake and Gloucester Pool, May be renting a cottage on Baxter for the thanksgiving weekend and was wondering if the fishing is decent, I did a search of the forums and haven't come up with much. If anyone has fished the area can you tell me what to expect for water depth, weeds, fish species. thanks

not to sound like a broken record, but Gloucester Pool has been discussed before on here..I have been up there 3 times already..

btw guys, if you are looking for a custom rod builder, fly tying lessons, my neighbour is one of very few certified by the 'guild' for custom rods...great work guaranteed....near Orillia/Midland/Barrie/Muskoka

http://www.fliesrodreelservice.com/

thanks guys

Edited by ColdH20guy

Hi , I am searching for any info on Baxter Lake and Gloucester Pool, May be renting a cottage on Baxter for the thanksgiving weekend and was wondering if the fishing is decent, I did a search of the forums and haven't come up with much. If anyone has fished the area can you tell me what to expect for water depth, weeds, fish species. thanks

Have fished Gloucester Pool a few times in July..good bass and some pike..can see my reports somewhere here on the OFC search...still looking for eyes, however...will try again this summer...but probably would have better luck around now if I could go. Not fished Baxter.

-skdds