Pike opener

white007

It was a big blue day, awsome wheather, well not 4 fishin but i was a nice change than our usual rainy fishin day. 2 friends and I went up to bancroft for the pike opener, every year its tradition. And this year was magical the day started out really slow, water is still really cold 54-toppin at 58C very little vegetaion in most of our usually areas. We had given our most proven lure to our friend comin out fishin for really like his first time. He landed a 2-2'2 pound pike finally. My other buddy got snagged on the bottom of the lake on something, we dont know but we spent a good amount of time trying to get the lure unsnagged. when we did my buddy with the first pike gave out one of those oh crap i am snagged on tree again because well most to the day he was. But he was able to reel line up to the boat more than usual then we seen this huge fish at the top of the water and i scambeled to assemble the net. The huge pike than relized it was cought and took my buddy for the ride of his life, it must of went around the boat atleast 3 times and under it like 2wice i thought he was going to lose it 4 sure but we netted the beauty. 36' pike, it weighed 15 pounds it we first thought it was a muskie we have never seen a pike that big. He went on to get a couple of more smallies as did i and a out of season bass. Every thing was released 4 the next person to experience that fight. My buddy Mistadrone will probs have the Pic coming up soon. talk to u all later

Guest Johnny Bass

Look forward to seeing the picture. This is the second pike i have heard of in the 36 inch range over 15lbs. Most of the 36 inch pike I catch are between 6-8 lbs so this one must be thick as heck!