Burlington Bay James And Allan Skyway

Afraz

Hey Fellas,

Okay this is hard for me to describe but here i go, The QEW goes on top of the split between Lake ontario and the other side which is the bay and houses the industrial area.

Under that bridge there is like a i uno, gateway? which allows for boat traffic to go in and out. There seems to be a bunch of piers in that area when i googled it. Has anyone fished this place ? is it shore accesible (i think it is through Beach Blvd) if so what have people caughthere fishing from shore and waht techniques should one use.

Place looks like it has alot of potential but i dunno if i would be allowed to fish there or if i'd even catch anything there, the fact that the industrial zone is so close kinda freaks me out. I don't want to land a tumor laden sheephead or something lol.

Thanks in advance guys

Afraz

Oh and the closest landmark that i can think of in that area would be the beachway park.

As, Raf pointed out...

There is shore access available just past the lift bridge (Parking) If I remember correctly I think you have to pay to park. You can walk for miles on either side and wet a line. Alot of people just bring a lawnchair and chill on the piers.

G

theres also some old ladders that go down ,perch rock bass and gobies are also caught off the pier

OH WOW GOBIES NICE I LOVE GOBIES I NEVER CAUGHT EM BEFORE FANTASTIC --- sarcasm

seriously though thanks, but no thanks XD LMAO

just tellin you what's there ''buddy'' sarcasm

Lmao, i thought you were being serious about the goby thing. Took it as an insult, like i am some newbie goin out to fish for gobbies lmao.

Go to Google maps and type in Canadian Centre for inland waters for a detailed map of the Burlington Canal Lift bridge area. Zoom into the canal area. You can park for free on either side of Beach Blvd. If you take the roadway where the Fisherman's Pier sign is you can pull up and park about 20 ft. from the edge of the canal. You can also fish on the Lake Ont. side of the Beach Strip or the harbour/Burlington Bay side. Perch are also caught there.

Looking forward to your report. :good: