Awesome Weekend of Pike Fishing!!! *PICS*

Well, I finally got some food into me after a long and exhausting weekend. Thank God for Domino's delivery in 20 minutes.

Saturday was pike opener in one of my favourite areas, I havent missed it in quite a few years and didnt plan on it this year. So when I got the invitation to a good friend's wedding, I had a dilema. :dunno:

I'll make it work.

Saturday morning, Up super early and off we go. On the water by 6:30 and first fish in the net before 7am. Landed a bunch of smaller 2-4 pound fish up shallow and finally made a move out deeper. Right decision!

We got into some really good fish and I finally broke my PB with a 43 incher (and tied my fiancee so she cant hold it over me now... hahaha). Got most of our fish on jerkbaits, a few swimming a grub as well. A grub is an awesome "follow up" style bait and I always chuck it after getting a follower that wont commit. It put a few good ones in the net for me today!

Off the water by 11am, back home to Barrie, shower, dressed, off to the weddingin Mississauga. Awesome night, maybe too awesome for our 5:00am wake-up.

Stayed in Mississuga, up at 6:00, a later than we'd hoped, but earlier than expected haha.

Got home, boat hooked up, and back to the water. Fishing was a lot tougher with the sun, but managed 3 pike, 2 small and one decent one.

Going to bed now I think. Enjoy

30278_427397928091_502843091_5492979_3156447_n.jpg

30278_427397943091_502843091_5492981_3978716_n.jpg

30278_427397953091_502843091_5492982_5679785_n.jpg

30278_427400268091_502843091_5493089_764309_n.jpg

lol that boathouse there looks very familiar....

awesome outing man, way to take advantage when these bad boys are willing biters .....I'll have mine this weekend I hope

Nice report dude, awesome fish!

Good fish. I got out for some pike but the biggest I caught was 3.4 pounds. Pathetic. I did weigh it because we had a two team tourney going on. Here is the kicker. That was the biggest pike of the day. lol

Guest Johnny Bass

Now that's a nice pike. So far the biggest I caught was 2 lbs this year! Just out of curiosity. I know you catch alot of big pike. How much do you think that one weighed?

Now that's a nice pike. So far the biggest I caught was 2 lbs this year! Just out of curiosity. I know you catch alot of big pike. How much do you think that one weighed?

Really hard to say. I didnt weigh it, and i'm so used to judging bass weight. I remember thinking holy crap this is heavier than I expected. Could be as low as 15, as high as 22 maybe. I would guess around 17 or 18, but again, no clue.

Nicely done Steve. :clapping: Sounds like an action packed weekend!! I wish I could say our first day out for pike was as successful. We got only 3 pike in 6 hours with 4 guys in 2 boats...ouch (a few accidental buckets broke up the morning though). Cudz wins the two team tourney with his first pike with about 5 minutes left. Hopefully things go better this weekend!

Edited by jaydub