HELP WANTED ON NEW DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES

buick14

My starting battery is 9 years old and it's a dual purpose Delco Voyager group 24....however, this year it's starting to show it's weakening as per my on-board constant battery monitor...but I think it will get me through this year.

The big thing is my batteries are charged and maintained 24/7/365 on my on-board battery charger when not fishing by this charger.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276-cat600056_TGP&id=0043939018868a&navCount=2&podId=0043939&parentId=cat600056&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IA&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat600056&hasJS=true

I had a trojan, lasted 5 years, amazing battery, but $$$. Didn't want to spend the $$$ on a gel cell, so went to Total Battery, bought their brand, and they are awesome. I use it in a 16.5 lund, with a 46lb thrust bow mount. I use it for trolling, i ran it for 6 hours almost straight, and used about 1/2 the charge. My brother runs a 21' nitro bass boat, and uses 2 of them in his 24v system, and never an issue during tournaments etc. Best bang for your buck IMO. I also used this additive for them, Supposed to increase battery life, increase charge time, and decrease discharge time. I'm by no means an expert with battery stuff, but mines working great!! As said, go with a min group size 29, preferably 31.

I think a standard Group31 battery is around 72lbs....the Optima 31 is 59lbs.

Standard Group 34 should be around 53lbs vs the Optima D34M at 43lbs.

When comparing batteries be sure to compare apples to apples on battery size.

I won't hesitate to buy another optima battery....although the Oddesy AGM batteries sound good as well but are around the same price range.

This is a very handy chart that Odessy has outlining estimate run times with a trolling motor

http://www.odysseybattery.com/trollruntimes.html

Come over to look at my setup bud. I have the 27 series from Interstate (Green Top). These are the best I have found so far. Also I found that mount you were looking for. I just found it for you. I also have the 1000 CCA from Interstate ordered now again. I use them a ton with a MInnkota 101 and can go a long time on one charge. I usually go 2 days if needed. Call me to set up a time for you to grab that mount

Come over to look at my setup bud. I have the 27 series from Interstate (Green Top). These are the best I have found so far. Also I found that mount you were looking for. I just found it for you. I also have the 1000 CCA from Interstate ordered now again. I use them a ton with a MInnkota 101 and can go a long time on one charge. I usually go 2 days if needed. Call me to set up a time for you to grab that mount

Do you have the SRM-27 or the SRM-27B? My brother and I just picked up two SRM-27B's this winter and installed them into the boat. We replaced a single SRM-27 (which still worked fine we just wanted longer life) and I had the boat out the other day with the two batteries and it was outstanding. Had that trolling motor running almost all day long (6-8hrs) and it never dropped in power at all. This will come in handy when we are up north where we don't have access to power for recharging and when it is very windy. Overall though we are very happy with all the interstate batteries we've had.

They all work well if you maintain them.

I've tried them all. Right now I'm using two walleye-1 batteries, and they're awesome.

If my bowmount is in the water, I'm pretty much always slow trolling for walleye. The motor is going constant. I get about 7 hours of trolling, at at least half power on a 55lb minnkota PD, from one battery. If I hook them both together, I get more than double that. Even on a windy day. If I"m just using the bowmount for positioning the boat, I can go a full weekend, no problem off two batts.....and then some.

S.

I have the 27b's. Great batteries. I run them hard and alot. They take a beating. I have blown 3 Optimas so far. They never lasted like these. Another great battery is the Natualius from Crappy Tire. They work just as good. The Odyssey batteries are $500 a pop. That would cost me 0ver $3000 just for batteries. I looked at them but so far I will stick with these. Lol. I find that the harder you run these the better they work. If you maintain any battery the proper way they will last for years. One quick note is that you should charge them as soon as possible and not let them sit to long drained like alot of people do.

I have the 27b's. Great batteries. I run them hard and alot. They take a beating. I have blown 3 Optimas so far. They never lasted like these. Another great battery is the Natualius from Crappy Tire. They work just as good. The Odyssey batteries are $500 a pop. That would cost me 0ver $3000 just for batteries. I looked at them but so far I will stick with these. Lol. I find that the harder you run these the better they work. If you maintain any battery the proper way they will last for years. One quick note is that you should charge them as soon as possible and not let them sit to long drained like alot of people do.

Glad to hear you really like your 27B's. I did a lot of research and I found the 27B to be the best bang for your buck. For only $10 more than the 27 the gains are much better.

You clearly didn't read Odyssey specs., warranty and lifetime expectancy :)

I read and have seen them in action. But at the price they are charging thats a little steep even for me. I dont think they are going to last the full time they state. If they do, awesome. I wont even keep a boat that long. :lol::lol: Not going to give them batteries if I sell my boat so need to but others to take their place. They are usually installed on bigger Cabin Cruiser style boats anyways