Idiots are everywhere NF

DanD

WOW, nice ride and I HOPE this or these :asshat: get busted!

I know some of the things I have built/made with my father mean a whole lot to me and my kids so to me this is just wrong and needs to be "corrected".

I hope you see "FishnNAutographs" post soon so he can help you the best way he can.

Dang Dan that sucks for sure I hope that you can find some closure in this matter for you guys even if its with some of the parts. Like others I will keep a look in the Chatham area ya never know it might just end up in the big city here we do have alot of great people here.

If ya catch them Dan.. I have a good sized property.. and a backhoe! Just sayin...
Even better if you know a pig farmer lol...I'm just sayin

Exactly what I was thinking...well sort of. And the quote below is why I agree...

Unfortunately...if a person is caught with a stolen car, all they can be charged with is possession of stolen property
:wallbash:

I probably hate thieves more than anything in this world.

having owned and built a few high 10 and low 12 2nd gen camaros i can almost garuntee it wasnt stolen for a stereo or scrap metal. no one steals these type of cars for this reason,maybe after they have stripped it naked it will end up a cube somewhere. but like anytime a friends car of this nature was ever stolen,everyone bought auto-traders and especially the tri-ad buy n sell mags for months waiting for the parts to appear.

also,feilds and yes indian reserves are the first places we always look. especially in the hamilton/brantford area. sometimes its natives who take them and dump them at the res or others do it and dump it at the res so the natives take the heat.

i know this first hand,and more then once.

a friend of mine had her Iroc stolen from a church parking lot of all places,and when the car was located 2 weeks later it was found at the res stripped and run into a tree, also 4 other camaros were found right next to it.

fathers lousy saturn was stolen a few years ago and found weeks later in the res.

i do have 1 question tho.....how does one not hear a 12 second car being stolen?? i know getting into that firebird was childs play,but most 12 sec. cars when started shake the foundations.

i install kill switches on everything now.

if anyone remembers the car alarm in the movie robocop, this is what i think needs to be sold to the public. strapped in,doors lock and fried.

also,feilds and yes indian reserves are the first places we always look. especially in the hamilton/brantford area. sometimes its natives who take them and dump them at the res or others do it and dump it at the res so the natives take the heat.

Readers should not glaze over this point!

Stating the Reserve is "the first place we always look" is an inflammatory statement but cars seem to turn up there. It's not always the Natives but they've become prime suspects in communities close in proximity.

Hopefully this thread doesn't go in this direction.

Another place performance parts tend to show up is local race tracks. If someone on the board frequents Sparta, Grand bend or even Delaware, KEEP AN EYE OUT!

The "native" group are taking vehicles throughout the gta and run them up and down the 400...they are notorious for driving at cops to run them off the road...there's a group of about 25 individuals some are out of cornwall area some are from barrie others from brantford... Not racial profiling, just speaking from what I know...they are dangerous individuals because they don't care and will get away at all costs

i do have 1 question tho.....how does one not hear a 12 second car being stolen?? i know getting into that firebird was childs play,but most 12 sec. cars when started shake the foundations.

Like you said breaking into the car is child’s play.

As for not hearing it; I’m not sure either, we know they smashed the steering column too defeat the ignition lock, we found pieces of it in the driveway. The thing has (had) a gear drive timing set-up and if you know what they are; they’re anything but quite. We’re starting to think that maybe they had a truck or trailer, waiting and pushed it out onto and down the street.

Here's a link to Andy's first 12.5 run last summer at the Bend. Haven't figured out how to imbed vid's?

Here's the link to one of the adds I put out there.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1979-Pontiac-Firebird-Esprit-W0QQAdIdZ205514710

Again thanks people and I would love to see an OFC'er get the coin (reward) if they've helped get the car back.

Chances are slim of ever seeing the car again; but stranger things have happened???????

Here’s a recent pic of the car with the shaker hood and one of last summer's rebuilt engine.

Dan.

Copy of dsc01151mk.jpg

Copy of dsc01146r.jpg

Edited by DanD