Idiots are everywhere NF

DanD

Things just keep getting better; don't they?????????????

Got up this morning and was going to help my daughter's boyfriend with his vehicle. Go to the shop at around 8am; and the phone is ringing.

It's my son (he's at the girl friend's house) and he's asking me if I was pulling some form of joke on him. I said no and what do you mean; "if you're not then somebody stole my car".

Now this is a 10 year project car that my son and I have been working on. It's 1979 Firebird; that we have done, a frame up restoration on. He was 15 years old when we started on this thing and I figured, with me being a mechanic; that this is the best way (other then fishing), to keep him occupied and out of trouble.

Well some idiot thought that they wanted the car more then we did and last night, sole it from the laneway?

I know it just a piece of machinery but this car has been a part of my son's and mine history and some prick took away from us.

So SCREW all the politically correct bull; the person that took the car needs to be shot and pissed on.

We'll likely never see it again; it's probably already pieced out; being that it was a 12 second street legal car.

As for the COPS; they said the car was likely stolen by some kids for the Stereo; yea right. It wasn't kids they would have to know how to break the steering column (pieces found on the laneway) and then how to operate a B&M shifter; let alone a carbureted, no choke engine.

Sorry for this but I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!

Dan

In my professional opinion....

It was most likely stolen for scrap. There has been a huge problem with cars - in not the greatest shape including those in your vehicles condition - stolen and sold for the scrap metal...you never know though, it could be found quickly...another case could be that a mechanic or body/chop shop stole it for parts. I see it a lot in high end vehicles though.

That just plain stinks Dan !!

I absolutely hate thieves and love to hear stories about them getting beaten or even killed by the homeowners when caught in the act.

Some piece of garbage attacked my Mom about 10 years ago, broke her nose and her hand, plus all kinds of scratches and bruises when he threw her face 1st into the sidewalk so he could steal her purse.

If I could have caught him I would have done everything in my power to either kill or cripple him and I would have worried about the consequences later.

I hope you get your car back Dan, but we all know that even if the coppers catch the piece of crap that took it, the courts will probably let him walk anyways.

i bet you find it within two degrees of you or your son ...someone has bragged about the car to someone and they want certain parts from it ...hope it finds its way home still in tact...

i know how you feel ...VIOLATED with out a kiss...

That just plain stinks Dan !!

I absolutely hate thieves and love to hear stories about them getting beaten or even killed by the homeowners when caught in the act.

Some piece of garbage attacked my Mom about 10 years ago, broke her nose and her hand, plus all kinds of scratches and bruises when he threw her face 1st into the sidewalk so he could steal her purse.

If I could have caught him I would have done everything in my power to either kill or cripple him and I would have worried about the consequences later.

I hope you get your car back Dan, but we all know that even if the coppers catch the piece of crap that took it, the courts will probably let him walk anyways.

Lew -with all do respect ...some thoughts are best not shared on the internet....but i totally understand

It's 1979 Firebird; that we have done, a frame up restoration on.

Sorry to hear it Dan.

My project Jeep, 95% complete, was stolen out of my driveway as well. They caught the guys but not before they drove it through Shoppers Drug Mart on Clarke Road. When I got it back I didn't have the will to fix it.

I hope they find the 'bird in better shape than my Jeep.

Do you have a picture or better description? I can keep an eye out around town.

Emotions can run high when it comes to a loved one or a piece of praised property (not that they’re the same) that has been abused or taken from you.

The feeling of being taken advantage is something that always hurts. My son is now out driving the streets; in hope of finding the car; I’m in fear that he does.

Dan

100_0650.JPG

Emotions can run high when it comes to a loved one or a piece of praised property (not that they’re the same) that has been abused or taken from you.

The feeling of being taken advantage is something that always hurts. My son is now out driving the streets; in hope of finding the car; I’m in fear that he does.

Dan

Really nice ride,Ill keep my eyes open as well.The Hammer way.Ill send a pic off to a couple of friends of mine.

As someone who likes to wrench on their own car, I can understand your frustration. I truly hope these thieves get caught.

Karma will ensure that they will get theirs. .

PS - Was the car ever appraised for insurance purposes?

Hope every one will be on the look out

They used to hang people for stealing horses? Now the better idea is to have the tax payers support them in prison? LMAO and soon the criminals may out number the taxpayers?

12 second street machine? Really not a lot of honest 12 second street machines around, they attract attention? A thief, especially one into autos is going to know how to start and drive the car he is after.

I doubt the ride was taken for scrap metal, just guessing the engine alone was of value to some one that didn`t have cash or skills to build his own?

Sorry guy, it sucks!

The last year I lived in Cleveland the auto thefts were like 21,000 a year? Midnight auto parts!

I can relate. I had a vintage Harley that I fully restored from the ground up. It was my baby. Started showing up at a few cruise nights showing her off and sharing stories.

I'd probably still have it if I hadn't got involved. Woke up one morning and she was gone. Never to be seen again! Who ever it was knew exactly what they were doing and how to break into a garage. Very little noise and only minor damage to the locked garage door.

Cops don't give a crap. They're too busy! Besides, their attitude is "What are you worried about? It's covered by insurance."

Any video cameras in the area? You could almost track that through town or see who's following it if you can find it on a camera somewhere or even place an add in the paper "did you see my car" after all how many 79 fire chickens are there .

Keep an eye on Kajiji and Ebay for parts, you might get lucky.

Unfortunately here's the honest answer regarding police response to a stolen auto.

1) Unless it's in progress and you're watching someone steal your car it's not a priorty response...meaning more serious calls come first

2) By the time you realize that your car has been stolen it has been gone usually for a long time and there is not much that police can do.

3) The best thing that the officer can do is get a report onto the system asap so that the vehicle can be flagged as stolen whic really is where the interaction of the front line officers end. The report will go to the auto squad detectives.

Unless the front line officer is lucky and runs a vehicles plate on the road and it comes back stolen, it's either going to be found abandoned, in a chop shop or never found at all. If it's a high end luxury vehicle or sports car, it'll be on a shipping container and out of the country by the time you realize it's gone.

Unfortunately...if a person is caught with a stolen car, all they can be charged with is possession of stolen property...

Thanks for the replies and support everyone.

Yes the car has been appraised and the insurance has an accredited copy.

At this point I don’t think we’ll see the car again; not in one piece anyway.

We have so many automotive related people alerted of this; that the car can’t be moved in the open, not without it being seen.

My son also worked at the London police garage before entering university; so all the mechanics and many of the officers know the car first hand and have ridden in it.

If the car has been parted out; we have all the casting numbers documented and we have put our own identification marks, on the individual drive train components. And I mean everything is marked in one way or the other; even internal engine components such as the high volume oil pump.

Many of our friends are hot rodders and we’ll all be hitting the local swop meets; with the plan of taking pictures of the vendor and or purchasing anything we find; then calling the police. We won’t get the car back but maybe a bit of satisfaction.

Thanks Again.

Dan.