What a day...

LucG

I know there are allready too many rants, but I need to vent...

To begin my day, I get into work this morning, turn on my computer, and all of a sudden, my background gets replaced by a message saying that my computer has been seriously infected. Then shuts down, and won't start. Off to the comuter guy who tells me it is in fact very serious and he's not sure if he'll be able to save all my files...and no, I hadn't backed up my files in quite some time.

I get through the morning keeping positive thoughs and decide to out for lunch. I stop in at the gas station to fill up on the way back to realize I do not have my wallet. Tell the attendant that I will have to come back and pay later. Retraced my steps since the last time it was used, but couldnt find it. I literaly tore my office, house and truck apart looking for it. No luck.

THEN, THE WORST PART OF ALL, As I got back to work my boss tells me I have to work this weekend. Brand new boat, walleye opener, and I have to work...

I really hope my day dosent get any worse...

Thanks for letting me vent...lol

i have good news for you ...you dont have to pay your wife child support :thumbsup_anim: because the kids arent yours

Just Kidding ....i couldnt resist...

day should get better now...

oh....tell your boss he has to go fishing with you this weekend ....and his kids arent his.... :tease:

You did get a free tank of gas out of it . . .

Hope you find it.

I put mine on a newspaper on the coffee table I then put a section of the paper on top of it and threw everything in the recycling box :wallbash:

Thank sweet Jesus I had all of my documents scanned and on my computer.

You did get a free tank of gas out of it . . .

Hope you find it.

I put mine on a newspaper on the coffee table I then put a section of the paper on top of it and threw everything in the recycling box :wallbash:

Thank sweet Jesus I had all of my documents scanned and on my computer.

Well, the gas attendant is prob waiting for me as we speak...I could not leave any ID as collateral, so he took my name, number and license plate. Chances are when Ihead back to pay it off, I'll get pulled over by the cops...lol

Thats a good idea, I never though about scanning everything and keeping an electronic file of it...

Thats a good idea, I never though about scanning everything and keeping an electronic file of it...

since you dont back up your files ....it wont matter...

have your boss buy one of the huge arse drives for storage...

With a day like that I'd be afraid to take my new boat out.

JF

lol...I was thinking the same thing. With my luck it won't be in the driveway when I get home. (knock on wood...lol)

That actually sounds like a fixable problem. I would have suggested rebooting in safe mode (this prevents any virus from running). Then you'd go to system restore, a few days would be sufficient if the problem occurred today. You wouldn't lose any saved documents, only any recent downloads (which could have lead to the virus in the first place).

Being a shift worker I find people who expect to get the weekend off a little amusing, seriously tho I am working this weekend. Looking on the bright side, since Nipissing is so low I think it is going to be a nightmare at the boat launch getting people on and off the water, some of them might want to bring a step ladder, so at least I won't be in the middle of that circus.

Looking on the bright side, since Nipissing is so low I think it is going to be a nightmare at the boat launch getting people on and off the water, some of them might want to bring a step ladder, so at least I won't be in the middle of that circus.

You're prob right! I was thinking of going to either Nosbonsing or Wassi. I here the water level isnt as bad as Nip, and I might be able to dodge a big crowd.

To be honest, fish or no fish, I want to get out on the water in my new boat.

Whens the last time you trailered your boat? Did you happen to put your wallet on the bumper and drive off? I say this as I have done this,along with trailer lock keys which had the ignition keys for the boat. My wallett was picked up by a coke truck driver,right in front of my house and wouldnt you know it,he be a newf and honest, and brought it back to me when he seen my truck in the drive.

It,s a real sick feeling, when you lose these kind of things.

My car was hit by an immovable boat at Harbourfront after work this evening. The bow of the boat extended into the rear of the parking space I was backing into. Smashed my tail light and scraped & dented the body.

I'll be having a word with the owners of the parking lot. I'm sure they will say they are not responsible for loss or damage, but who the heck leaves an aluminum boat where drivers are likely to hit it?

Edited by yakpiker

I know there are allready too many rants, but I need to vent...

To begin my day, I get into work this morning, turn on my computer, and all of a sudden, my background gets replaced by a message saying that my computer has been seriously infected. Then shuts down, and won't start. Off to the comuter guy who tells me it is in fact very serious and he's not sure if he'll be able to save all my files...and no, I hadn't backed up my files in quite some time.

I get through the morning keeping positive thoughs and decide to out for lunch. I stop in at the gas station to fill up on the way back to realize I do not have my wallet. Tell the attendant that I will have to come back and pay later. Retraced my steps since the last time it was used, but couldnt find it. I literaly tore my office, house and truck apart looking for it. No luck.

THEN, THE WORST PART OF ALL, As I got back to work my boss tells me I have to work this weekend. Brand new boat, walleye opener, and I have to work...

I really hope my day dosent get any worse...

Thanks for letting me vent...lol

Could always be worse...coulda got a speeding ticket....traffic collision....or the dreaded "honey we have to talk" ....