Show off your tacklebox

All of those are awesome SYN - whered you get those flies - I love the epoxy heads!

Yep once i saw them I had to have a couple.

As you might have guessed I got them from ebay :) . seller texperd Jim Greens' custom flies. They were about $5 a fly.

Looking at the design of the flies closely I think they are easy to make. With the supplies I have on hand I think I will make a few of my own. The head is just foam with epoxy. Might be the UV curing kind.

The foam sheets I have are from dollar store and it takes crayola markers well. Epoxy? I'll probably use the devcon 2ton. Ordered some 5/0 circle hooks from ebay. eyes check. Add some flash tied in.

I think I'll try to make them tube fly versions so I can switch hooks easily. I'm tempted to make them into flouro leaders tied through the tube directly to the hook.

Probably make some of these too: http://www.pikeflyro...r-pattern-.html

I still have to make magnum spinner baits, rabbit strip lures, and now pike flouro flies. Wonder if I'll have time to fish this summer? haha

3YcUG.jpg

Edited by Syn

Wow - GBW, you boxes sure make mine look dirty!

Those pic's where take right when I got that new soft case so it's not so tidy now.

all of you guys have some nice looking gear :thumbsup_anim:

Ya the baits hold up fine...I dont plan on using that case for anything other than plastics anyway so it can stay salty lol.

Alex, I got the orange/brown because it resembles crawfish best...if I get into thicker cover fishing ill fish black/blue as less light is in and this is when these colors will work best.

Dont frget time fishin those green craws too lots this summer

I had a bit of moisture get into the tray and the salted baits melted into the case. :unsure: Keep them dry.

About the organization critic, I have been out fishing probable 4 or 5 times so far this season and after every trip I open up my baitcasters, clean out the spools of water around the edges etc...then open up all boxes that were used that day, snip off line from tying on lures and well whatever else that got messy.

It's not a lack of fishing, but a obsession to make the day run smooth. 5seconds looking in a box saves time when looking through a mess...

See what I mean lol

Holy cow Pure, I 'd be there all morning just trying to decide which lure to use before the first cast, so much to choose from. :thumbsup_anim:

edit: Niiiiiccccceeee.:worthy:

Edited by Syn

You guys bring 10 boxes, weighing 20lbs and probably fish with < 10 lures in a day :clapping:

On that note... I'm sure jeleous.

haha yup thats true. but I find when I dont bring the majority of my stuff that I need/want sumthing that I left back at home or in the truck.. so I just bring it all

You have a crankbait that's bigger than a whiskey bottle!?!?!? :o

several.. i have inline spinners bigger than that too :D

it is a lot of stuff but it doesn't all come with me. believe it or not, i try to keep it simple stupid. where & when (time of year) i am fishing dictates what comes along. ie. topwaters stay home in the late fall. giant baits, deep divers stay home in early season.

Edited by Raf

several.. i have inline spinners bigger than that too :D

it is a lot of stuff but it doesn't all come with me. believe it or not, i try to keep it simple stupid. where & when (time of year) i am fishing dictates what comes along. ie. topwaters stay home in the late fall. giant baits, deep divers stay home in early season.

I was expecting see 'Location: Loch Ness' in your profile! :D

Here is my stack of lures. The less I fish the more I buy. The bags on the top two shelves are lures yet to be filed. Doing my part for the economy.

lures-1.jpg

I opened up all the trays for a picture. I couldn't fit in the 5 tackle boxes and worm bag. I need a few more trays and another spinnerbait box to thin some of the over loaded ones out.

Lures2.jpg

Now I need to sort through them to figure out which ones are going with me to the Muskoka Pike Tourny.