Show off your tacklebox

Oh how i wish my fishing stuff could be in the house, we need the bedroom for the incoming baby though lol. Would free up some serious shed space if it was though... Come to think of it i guess i wouldnt need a shed then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes it's 2015, even though this thread is 5 years old a thread like this never gets old. I love sneaking a peek at another persons box. That just doesn't sound right. I know some anglers that would rather let you look at their wife naked than look at their tackle. Seriously A friend of mine is like that. Some can't wait to show you. A fishing pal I have, Groundy, has rooms full of tackle. I think he had to ask a live in Gal he had once to move out because her stuff was taking up valuable tackle space. This great outdoorsman has more "stuff" that is fishing related then some fairly well stocked bait shops, for sure more.

I have too much myself to get on a disc. At least I wished I did. Good reminder to take pictures for insurance purposes. My 6 or 7 boxes of minnow baits for Lake Erie Eyes has to be worth a grand at least.

While on the subject of tackle boxes I am looking for the box a guy I fished with from another forum last year on Erie had.His profile isn't on there anymore, I hope he is OK if you know what I mean. The box is a hard box that the top opens, it has hard plastic what I will call pages in them that flip side to side. The hooks of the tackle is hung on small opennings on the tops of the pages and as I said you can flip the pages like you would in a filing cabinet. No way hooks can get tangled up and the baits are easy to see. I know they sell them at a shop in Woodstock but have not seen any online. Anyone know what the hey I'm talking about? I've never seen one like this in the 35 years I've been fishing. Thank you if you can help me find one. I know they can't be cheap, but it would save me hauling a half a dozen or more trays of minnow baits in the boat.

As far as posting pics of my boxes, no you can't look, especially the boxes of my antique plugs and spoons. I don't need any looky loos putting athe gleep on them when I'm not home. Hey I was raised and lived in Hamilton for 45 years, I don't trust anyone.

What is also cool reading an old thread is the many names I recognize and the many I don't.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

The box is a hard box that the top opens, it has hard plastic what I will call pages in them that flip side to side. The hooks of the tackle is hung on small openings on the tops of the pages and as I said you can flip the pages like you would in a filing cabinet. No way hooks can get tangled up and the baits are easy to see. I know they sell them at a shop in Woodstock but have not seen any online. Anyone know what the hey I'm talking about? I've never seen one like this in the 35 years I've been fishing. Thank you if you can help me find one. I know they can't be cheap, but it would save me hauling a half a dozen or more trays of minnow baits in the boat.

Special Mate Tackle Boxes? http://specialmatetackleboxes.com/home.html

Wolf 3, thank you, thank you, grazia mille ( a thousand thanks). That's the one I have been looking for. Special Mate, holds 120 8" crank baits. They are available and on sale right now at Pro Tackle Musky Shop in Belleville for $64.99.

If anyone wants to know why this is the best fishing forum in the world this is a prime example as to why. Regardless of the inane winternet threads on ridiculous things like waitresses calling everyone "guys".

It took 45 minutes to get the right information here.

Wolf, what stock should I buy today?

Thanks again,

John D

It has been 5 years since we started this thread and I was naively first building a base to my tackle as it was already an obsession. A few years later, I have so much stuff now, stuff I don't even bring out with me or even will ever use. I don't have my own boat or much storage so I skim my tackle down to what has produced best for me here on the St-Lawrence. I fish primarily for smallmouth, occasionally largemouth and sometimes troll for walleye. I'm about to go back to Eagle Lake Island Lodge on Eagle Lake in sunset country. I am from Montreal but will be there in charge of the lodge's dock operations for the season. I have to cram everything to fly it there with me and this is some of what made the cut, my go tos, new and untested from Mystery Tackle Box or Tackle Grab or proven producers for me. Very cluttered.

20150311_162134.jpg

20150311_160222.jpg

20150311_155657.jpg

20150311_154518.jpg

20150311_152027.jpg

Way too many plastics. This is the half I use and will bring with me.
20150311_162402.jpg

I drop shot for smallies 80% of the time. These are proven on the St-Lawrence.
20150311_163020.jpg

20150311_162704.jpg20150311_163212.jpg

Hands down the best drop shot plastics for me have been the Reins Bubble Shaker, Jackall Crosstail Shad, Jackall Super Pin Tail and the Yamamoto Shad Shape Worm. I don't need anything else. They get bites when nothing else did so I just started using only those. They are all very flimsy and usually cost you a lure per hookup. Quite expensive for the Reins and Jackall but I can't argue that they produce very well.

20150311_163253.jpg

20150311_162731.jpg

20150311_162803.jpg20150311_163445.jpg

These Gamakatsu drop shot hooks are amazing. Come to 2.25$ a hook but the weight has 2 points to snap off if it snags and I lose a lot less setups. I think I lost only 1 or 2 all season.

20150311_155018.jpg

Lost a box with $400+ of spinnerbaits last season. I started leaning towards chatterbaits and bladebaits. These are always ready to go.
20150311_154812.jpg

20150311_162122.jpg

These Bluefox spinners catch fish more than any other spinnerbait I've ever used, big smallies too.
20150311_154853.jpg

Picked these up yesterday. Sebile Vibrato. 14$ each. Jigging spoon fall smallies
20150311_152018.jpg

20150311_152008.jpg

Power Bait finesse worms and YUM green pumpking with Chartreuse tails are key. Zman and Strike king are from Mystery Tackle box and tackle Grab this winter.
20150311_155445.jpg

Using these VMC half moons to swim clear smoke grubs over lethargic suspending smallies might be the best thing I've ever done. Never thought I could catch those guys.
20150311_162244.jpg