Show off your tacklebox

So I have this obsession with looking at other people's tackle and I want to see yours! I have spent hours each week watching every video on youtube under search results "my tackle box". Thousands of people sharing what they use and show off their set ups. Last year was my first season and I used my friends extra tackle. In the off season I became obsessed. I slowly started building a base to my first tackle box and my own lures and I am going to share what I have so far (not every single lure but most, leaving out terminal tackle and rods)Feel free to critique my choices and or share your experiences with any lures you have used. Everything is pretty much new and not used yet. Remember these are my first lures and its just a start. I'd love to see your album in detail no matter how much or little it is.

Next week-end we will make it to the Franny. We fish St-Lawrence,Lac St-Louis and Lake St-Francis. Pretty much the best smallmouth areas in Canada and I got alot of plastics and jighead combos (craws,gobies,jigs and tubes) for those smallmouth lunkers. Last year I didnt do much fishing deeper than 10-15feet. This year I am prepared. I do however have lures for largemouth, pike and walleye too. But after seeing the Canadian tourney record at Raisin' River I want to dial in those footballs this year.

Here is the link to the whole album: http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/mattyboy785/Tackle%20Box/?albumview=slideshow

Here are some teasers.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Edited by Canucker

I was told by a gent in the insurance business, that it was a very good idea to take photos of your rods/reels and tackle in case of a claim. Having documentation will ensure you are properly compensated.

I was surprised at this but trust his opinion.

LFW your insurance broker would love it I take pics everytime I make any signifagant increase to my tackle and put it on disk which my broker has on file so there's no disputing what my stuff was worth or how much I had .I lost everything I owned in a house fire 6 years ago and got raped by insurance so I take a catalog of all my posessions and update it a couple times a year my broker incourages it here's a couple for ya canucker.

my pike/bass box

pic2009129.jpg

pic2009130.jpg

my last trip to BPS

2010tackle.jpg

the rest are on my portable hard drive interesting topic Canucker I know tackles a bit of a obsession for me also.

Here's something I posted on my blog site.

The Tackle Box

The tackle box is essential to fishing and Spring is the prime time to organize. This can be a very daunting task. What’s important to your fishing? What’s important to your life? You’ve got some old lures, some that have been successful and some you’ve never used. It’s good to try to organize but not too critical. One of the most important goals is to keep things separated. Hooks, for example, which can scatter all over the box. Collect them, then separate them according to size and put each pile on a safety pin. You may not find the right size hook but if you do you’ll have all at your finger tips. At least you can find a similar size and have a good supply of each.

The bottom of the box is probably going to be harder if you’re like me. The space is never big enough. The size never changes but the stuff going in keeps getting bigger. When the box won’t close it’s time to reorder, I mean reorganize. First take it all out and then separate as best you can by order of importance, most used, highest potential to be used, never used but most liked or any other reason that would pertain to you. Try to get the piles down to a size that fits in a baggie. Arrange the baggies for importance and start to fill the bottom again. Once full keep the extra bags and store them in the plastic shopping bag you stored the extra bags in the last 10 years.

You’ll also have equipment that is essential to any fishing outing such as a fillet knife, a knife for emergencies (working on the boat or motor), a knife for cutting line (fishing and anchor), fingernail clippers for fishing line only, sun glasses, a lighter, antacid tabs, aspirin, prep H, sunscreen, duct tape and a candy bar. When all free space in the lure trays is full you will need to take some bags out from the bottom. Remember the least important bags come out first and put these in the plastic shopping bag.

Eventually you’ll get to a point that the bag of new gear fresh from the store, or catalog order, is bigger than the bags in the plastic shopping bag. This is a prime opportunity to purchase a new tackle box. Try to find the best bang for your buck in the largest size you can find. Now you’ll be able to organize the tackle boxes with certain subjects in mind. These could include general fishing, walleye, trout, shore fishing, trolling, lake or river, lure types and for me a kids fishing box for my grand-daughters. Each box has its own set of rules to consider for the importance of the gear. My problem now is it’s harder for me to remember which box is which. All the boxes are different sizes and shapes so I can usually associate each to their type of use. I have magic markered references on some, but not all. Some of the new boxes are more like bags and they’re black so duct tape is used to put the references on.

Now the problem is knowing which box/bag to take. Depending who I’m fishing with I may have 4 or 5 of the things. If I ever went fishing with my buddy Hankie on Lake Erie I would take 5 box/bag combos. The walleye box, the trolling bag, the bottom bounce bag, the plastic bodies bag and the general box. We were targeting walleye but switching techniques was always a consideration depending on the weather. Sometimes we caught waldos but as often as not the trip turned into a sheephead outing. Those fish are really fun to catch. Good luck to you on your spring organizing.

My gear is up north, so no photos available at the moment, but looking at GBW's stuff I was reminded of the fact that I dragged about 20 lbs of tackle around the last two weekends, and used a grand total of only about 4 lures! :huh:

Edited by backbay

I was told by a gent in the insurance business, that it was a very good idea to take photos of your rods/reels and tackle in case of a claim. Having documentation will ensure you are properly compensated.

I was surprised at this but trust his opinion.

Agreed my insurance company has pictures of all my assets,perhaps I should have said I see no reason to show the world now how many bags of Senko`s I own.

But again to each his own!

My gear is up north, so no photos available at the moment, but looking at GBW's stuff I was reminded of the fact that I dragged about 20 lbs of tackle around the last two weekends, and used a grand total of only about 4 lures! :huh:

How did you know that bag is 20LB's? Cause it is... That's why I also have two small travel bags.

I put another crankbait box together last week and filled it with mostly H2o Xpress lures. Can't wait to try the Sammy types. Some of them will be given to family members on my july fishing trip.

top layer

CV2QM.jpg

bottom layer

irzfp.jpg

Edited by Syn

Syn where did you get your H20? I had to get mine on ebay...does Bass Pro carry them or something?

yes ebay from bassnbrad in texas. Dealt with him many times. Great guy saved me tons in shipping cost.

I noticed ebay is also great if you want custom painted lures.

Mailman just dropped off two new friends:

Wonder if they had used circle hooks would be better or worse due to the epoxy head?

Anyhow they sure look sweet.:)

BkCOp.jpg

Edited by Syn

OMG you just made me realize I have become a tackle addict ?

I took some pictures of my tackle last spring, after reading your post I went back and looked at them.....wow what a difference a year makes....I have a problem(that's the first step right ? )....now whats the next 11 steps....lol

Sad part is i just bought 20 more crank baits today. lol