KAWARTHA'S WALLEYE FISHING

DMASSE

Hello

I usually get ready for walleye opener on the third weekend of may, but my buddy who fishing the dams on opener told me that the season has changed and that the opener is this weekend. We usually fish Hasting to Bobcaygeon.

Can anyone help me out to confirm this is true... I looked in my regs but couldnt find any info...

any help would be appreciated

Dave

From what I read, it's the second saturday in May where it opens, so you should be good for this weekend.

If someone knows that it's different, please correct me. If I'm right, I am going walleye fishing this weekend!

Its open this friday night 12 am. Balsam, Mitchell and Gull river system have exceptions other than the regular rules. Keep note of this. Some area are sanctuaries until 3rd saturday but its a go elsewhere in zone 17

I know the dam in Lindsay doens't open until the weekend after the regular opener. I would think that all the dams fall under the same rulings. Check the acceptions in the regs and as a past poster said, remember that there is a new slot in FMZ 17. Only 13.8" - 19.7" in standard measurement can be kept, all other released.

Good Luck out there!

I know the dam in Lindsay doens't open until the weekend after the regular opener. I would think that all the dams fall under the same rulings. Check the acceptions in the regs and as a past poster said, remember that there is a new slot in FMZ 17. Only 13.8" - 19.7" in standard measurement can be kept, all other released.

Good Luck out there!

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/mnr_e001336.pdf

This is the link to the exceptions (spelling mistake in first post, duh).

It looks like most of the dams open the friday after the second Saturday in May if I read them correctly.

It looks like most of the dams open the friday after the second Saturday in May if I read them correctly

yes that is correct. but read carefully.

friday after the second Saturday in May = the 3rd saturday, may 15th

i miss read it myself the first time.

Edited by skeeter

It looks like most of the dams open the friday after the second Saturday in May if I read them correctly

yes that is correct. but read carefully.

friday after the second Saturday in May = the 3rd saturday, may 15th

i miss read it myself the first time.

It is weird how they have it written.

Many fast water areas are sanctuaries in the Kawarthas. The Otonabee River is also closed from lock 19 to bensfort bridge. Always opens a week after.

Remember the slot size, basically 14-19 inches (rounding up on the low end, down on the high end), and only keep 4 with a sport license, only 1 with a conservation license (I think).