lakers were not co-operating today

rickster

took my son out this morning in the hopes of catching a laker or two

we decided to fish of the shore with some 5-6" minnows i had caught earlier in the week

we set up out of the wind and got the minnows out in about 30-40 feet of water with a bobber on the line sitting on the rock so we could hear it if we got a bite

we weren't set up five minutes and my sons bobber goes sliding down the rock and into the water

FISH ON he yells and picks up the rod

i told him to wait and let the fish take the bait

The bobber moves out about twenty feet and stops and doesn't move for a good two minutes

I tell him he probably doesn't have a laker but a ling instead so he reels up and sets the hook when he feels the weight

Whatever it is bends the rod pretty good so i grab the net and get ready

After a few minutes he brings the fish in and i net it for him

A 28" eight plus pound walleye

His biggest walleye of his young ten year life but of course

an OOS fish

While i was unhooking it he grabbed the camera and we snapped two quick pics before releasing it healthy into the lake.

I won't post the pics because of it being OOS but the smile on his face was worth the skunk on lakers

Gonna try again tomorrow morning and hopefully the lakers will be hungry

took my son out this morning in the hopes of catching a laker or two

we decided to fish of the shore with some 5-6" minnows i had caught earlier in the week

we set up out of the wind and got the minnows out in about 30-40 feet of water with a bobber on the line sitting on the rock so we could hear it if we got a bite

we weren't set up five minutes and my sons bobber goes sliding down the rock and into the water

FISH ON he yells and picks up the rod

i told him to wait and let the fish take the bait

The bobber moves out about twenty feet and stops and doesn't move for a good two minutes

I tell him he probably doesn't have a laker but a ling instead so he reels up and sets the hook when he feels the weight

Whatever it is bends the rod pretty good so i grab the net and get ready

After a few minutes he brings the fish in and i net it for him

A 28" eight plus pound walleye

His biggest walleye of his young ten year life but of course

an OOS fish

While i was unhooking it he grabbed the camera and we snapped two quick pics before releasing it healthy into the lake.

I won't post the pics because of it being OOS but the smile on his face was worth the skunk on lakers

Gonna try again tomorrow morning and hopefully the lakers will be hungry

Hey Rickster I can't help but notice that you are from Emo ON. My Father In-law just showed me some pictures from there back in 1936 from a camp that his uncle owned. It was call Crawford camp. I will upload the pictures of some huge lake trout that were caught up there. I thought you might be interested in seeing these they are 30+ lb lakers. I will get them and scan them. there are 2 pictures for sure and they are on a postcard from the camp. Really cool to see.

Rob C

Edited by Rob C