My Orillia Perch Report

Fish Farmer

2 tags caught Sat.,5 tags Sun., none Mon. Tues. 70 tags to be caught I didn't get a picture of the boats Sunday, which I should have. You could have walked across the narrows. It was nice to see family's with there kids fishing, some for the first time. We talked to people back at the ramp, they were so happy getting the kids out catching fish. Lots of Perch to be caught, but small, very few big ones. In some of the shallows, the bottom was alive with Perch. Schools of Perch in the thousands were moving under our boat. It was something to see. We'll be back on the weekend to try our luck again. If you can, get out and do some Perchin, brings the kid out in you. Lots of laughs and good time. :thumbsup_anim::good:

19366708.jpg

one of our boys with his winnings from last year. :thumbsup_anim:

42199808.jpg

This picture was Mon.

36294084.jpg

Back at the motel resting after a hard day of Perching :D

74007791.jpg

Thanks guys, no tags in our boat, but I'll still be trying tomorrow. I'll post some more pictures when I get back. 10 of us going, we'll be at the Hywayman Sat. night. The pails are for our minnows, best way to keep your minnows alive with a aquarium air pump plugged in a poster box with inverter, lasts for days, a lot quieter than those small battery ones, plus pumps more air. The 3 days we fished my one buddy kept about 20 keepers on the last day. I don't keep any. Give me Lake Erie Perch any day. Simcoe Perch this time of year not much meat when there spawning.

Steve, my other buddy is probably watching me type this as we speak, plus thinking I should be fishing for what I'm good at, catching Drum :D. One of these days I'll get Mr Spiel up there.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Marina's are the only place that I have seen perch being caught during the two days that I have been there. When people say "dinks" they really mean it. If the perch are out in the lake, even with a lot of boats, there is enough room for all. When they are only found near or in the marina's it sort of reminds me of opening day for trout on the Sydenham River.

Tom