Canoe

jackal68

A license or registration is mandatory for all pleasure craft equipped with motors of 10 horsepower (7.5 kilowatts) or more, including personal watercraft.

Currently, proof of competency is required if you fall into one of two categories:

1. You operate a pleasure craft fitted with a motor AND are born after April 1, 1983; or,

2. You operate a pleasure craft fitted with a motor that is under 4m (13 feet) in length (regardless of age).

If you were born before April 1, 1983 and operate a pleasure craft fitted with a motor that is 4 m and over in length, you will require proof of operator competency by September 15, 2009.

You only need a boaters card for water craft with a motor,excluding eletric motors.You can easyly make a electric motor mount for your canoe.

"It’s worth noting that any watercraft that is fitted with a motor is considered to be a motorized vessel and you need an operator’s card if you plan to be on the water in one. This includes canoes with electric trolling motors or small gasoline engines, sailboats that have auxiliary engines (whether the engine is in use or not), personal watercraft, boats powered solely by electric motors and others. In short, if it floats and has a motor on it, you need a card in order to legally operate it."

from this site

A canoe is the #1 killer when it comes to boats followed by small tinners, exempting them from proof of competence just because they don't have a motor I don't understand at all . I would think Canoe owners are just as valuable to society as the rest of us. The one I just about ran over in Picton harbor could of used a boating coarse and was almost a Darwin victim.

A canoe is the #1 killer when it comes to boats followed by small tinners, exempting them from proof of competence just because they don't have a motor I don't understand at all . I would think Canoe owners are just as valuable to society as the rest of us. The one I just about ran over in Picton harbor could of used a boating coarse and was almost a Darwin victim.

Ya, I hate guys in canoes that don't know where I'm going and can't GET OUT OF MY WAY!