Beaver Problem ... need help

krawler

Need a quick fix, i have a beaver living under the dock at the cottage. Its eating trees nearby and wreaking havoc on the landscape. Basically need a quick fix to deter it from coming back. Cannot board up the opening of the dock. Is there a smell beavers dont like that i can spray on its bedding area that will prevent it from coming back? Any help would be great. I see one in the area every 3 years, usually they leave after throwing a few rocks and scaring it but this one seems to like my dock and the trees,any help would be greatlyappreciated.

krawler

Need a quick fix, i have a beaver living under the dock at the cottage. Its eating trees nearby and wreaking havoc on the landscape. Basically need a quick fix to deter it from coming back. Cannot board up the opening of the dock. Is there a smell beavers dont like that i can spray on its bedding area that will prevent it from coming back? Any help would be great. I see one in the area every 3 years, usually they leave after throwing a few rocks and scaring it but this one seems to like my dock and the trees,any help would be greatlyappreciated.

krawler

Hire a trapper in your area.. They make great hats .. or winter mitts :canadian:

Guest gbfisher

Hire a trapper in your area.. They make great hats .. or winter mitts :canadian:

I know a person who can get rid of the problem if you like. It will cost you though. Where there is one there usually is more this time of year. Each one will cost.

Hire a trapper in your area.. :canadian:

I'd hire a trapper before shooting it with a .410, that's for sure!

Sometimes, depending on where your located and if the season is still open, some trappers will help you out for minimum fee due to the fact that they will be able to market the pelt. Once the season is closed and the pelt value is no longer there, they will charge more. Again, this depends on where you are and who you ask. If I was in your area, I'd do it for free.

For me, its comparable to someone asking me to come catch the bass under their dock...or to take that buck that has been eating the garden...lol

I know a person who can get rid of the problem if you like. It will cost you though. Where there is one there usually is more this time of year. Each one will cost.

For some reason, Quint, the old grizzled fisherman from Jaws just popped to mind.

:lol:

Do what the locals do... .410

I'd "pelt" it with rocks and then high "tail" is outta there!

If there has even been a use for a potatoe cannon here is one for sure.

What kind of advice is this? Come on guys...

Get a 330 conibear trap.

A trap used by someone who is not a licensed trapper is not only dangerous but illegal. Like I said, trapping is not the answer...it may be part of the answer but not a resolution. As long as it a suitable place to live another beaver will take the spot. Each year the two year olds are driven from the family dens to find their own territory so there are always young beavers looking for new places to reside.

Drive the beaver(s) out, make a suitable barricade and never worry about it again. If you rely on trapping alone, you will have to do it again and again.

krawler

i just thought of this.... observe to see when the beaver leaves. make sure theres no other beavers in the house then BAM smash it up..... but who knows, that idea doesnt sound too logical either hahaha. good luck bud!