Good News and Bad News

bpsbassman

First, the Bad News.…..............................

After 5 1/2 years at Bass Pro Shops, I handed in my resignation. My last day was April 8, 2010. It was a great run, from greeting the first customer in the door in November of 2004 right up until this year's Spring Classic that just ended. I have made many new friends and acquaintances, many that will last a lifetime, and met many great OFNers over the years, but it is now time to move on. The job has been a blast, but the one hour plus drive each way finally wore me down. My heart wanted me to stay, but my head said that it just didn't make any sense.

Thanks for all the wonderful experiences Bass Pro, but it is time to move on.

And now for the GOOD NEWS!!

My new employer will be.........................

|

|

|

|

v

|

|

|

|

v

|

|

|

|

v

|

|

|

|

v

Are you ready???????

|

|

|

|

v

|

|

|

|

v

|

|

|

|

v

|

|

|

|

v

Fishing World!!!!

Yeehaaa!

I met with Jim and Mike and am really excited about my new adventure!!!

Looking forward to working with Blake, Steve, Nick and all the rest of the great staff in the store!

Come on in and say hi (and buy some great merchandise).

Maybe now I'll get a chance to start posting more often! :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Roger...I guess if'n you got to work for a livin' that's a good way to do it... :clapping:

Me...I'll stick to retirement...the pay is no hell but you can't beat the hours.. :Gonefishing:

Best of luck in your new endeavor...

Edited by Beans

Man.. the earth just might stop spinning.

THE BPS Groupie calls it quits.... :D

Lots of Laughs Wayne!!! Still a little hard to believe :)

Not sure what to do with my 50+ BPS T-Shirts!! :w00t:

I have nothing bad to say about BPS especially my co-workers (and customers). Its what kept me going all these years.

I must say though that I'm genuinely excited about working at FW. I've always loved the store.

Lots of Laughs Wayne!!! Still a little hard to believe :)

Not sure what to do with my 50+ BPS T-Shirts!! :w00t:

I have nothing bad to say about BPS especially my co-workers (and customers). Its what kept me going all these years.

I must say though that I'm genuinely excited about working at FW. I've always loved the store.

What about your handle... will you be FWBASSMAN next week? ;-)

What about your handle... will you be FWBASSMAN next week? ;-)

With Jim and Mike, 2001 & 2003 CFT Team of the Year for starters and probably two of the best Bass Fishermen in this country :worthy: :worthy: and guys like Blake and Steve in the store, I'm embarrassed to have my BASSMAN licence plates on my van. :blush:

No way I could use the FWBASSMAN handle.

Think I'll stick with my current handle :dunno:

Best of luck in the new job my friend, BPS is losing a great asset.

I spose now that Diane won't be getting her hugs anymore, she won't bother joining me on my annual Christmas shopping trip to the store again :lol:

Edited by lew

Sure, it's closer for you but it adds an hour to my six and a half hour drive for my yearly visit.

Best of luck to you Roger......you're surely a credit to anyone fortunate enough to have you on their team.

Good for you Roger! That drive must have been horrendous to BPS. I just turned a great job offer down because I didn't want to do the drive from Hamilton to the Vaughan area daily at rush hour.

So business will pick up at Fishing World now with everyone dropping in to see you. Wise decision on F.World's behalf. :clapping:

Well I know that when I found out Roger was going to be working with us at Fishing World I thought what a great asset and good, genuine person to work with. I always thought it was funny when Roger would come in to the store and bring his 4 or 5 buddies in for a shopping spree. We would chat and he would say that Fishing World had a great selection and I would say hey you shop here you might aswell work here as a joke :lol: So far Roger is adapting well and is apart of the FW Team. Welcome buddy and here's too many tears of working together. For all the OFC'ers please drop by and show Roger support and give him more time to talk than work :rofl2: