Turkey hunting anyone?

richyb

The turkey season is sneaking up on us so I busted out my shotgun and tried a few different shells. Here is a pattern that I shot today.P1030213.JPG It was shot at 40 yards and it is a 10" circle. Anyone else been doing any shooting getting ready for the opener?

The turkey season is sneaking up on us so I busted out my shotgun and tried a few different shells. Here is a pattern that I shot today.P1030213.JPG It was shot at 40 yards and it is a 10" circle. Anyone else been doing any shooting getting ready for the opener?

Wow that is a great pattern for 40 yards. What choke? What shot?

I will be hunting Turkey for the first time this season but finding birds is not as easy I thought.

Mine is going out next week.I havent fired it off in years.Skeet shooting for the first time.

Aparantely they have rabbit skeet shooting, that got me interested.

Know I have to ge something to save my shoulder from the kick back.

As for Turkeys, I see them all the time.I think there not afraid and know when the season opens.I say at least 8 dozen this week.But come time for open season, their no were to be seen.Jeez I can run them over.

Thanks . They are Remington hevi shot 3 1/2" 1 3/4 oz #6. My gun is a stoeger p350 and choke is carlsons .650. My choke is too tight for most shells and it blows up the pattern but this one it seems to like. Remington discontinued their hevi shot shells so I got 3 boxes today.

Which heavies are on sale at BPS? I tried the hevi-13 but they shot 8 inches low and 8 inches right for some reason.

Hey Richy,good to hear from ya.Very nice spread you got there.Jelly brains.LOL

Hey I havent been around much. Working and maple suryp was keeping me busy for a while. Do you have many birds down your way ? we are seeing more birds this year than lastyear BUT thats now. Hope they are still around in a couple weeks. Did you pattern your loads ? They are handloads arent they?

Nice shooting, tex!

Lookin' good...I'm not gonna bother testin'....I've got the same shells and same choke as last year....

I figure if Irish and Brian r callin' me three shot marty, I shouldn't have any problem with gettin' my bird, regardless of pattern :thumbsup_anim::sarcasm::thumbsup_anim:

Nice shooting, tex!

Lookin' good...I'm not gonna bother testin'....I've got the same shells and same choke as last year....

I figure if Irish and Brian r callin' me three shot marty, I shouldn't have any problem with gettin' my bird, regardless of pattern :thumbsup_anim::sarcasm::thumbsup_anim:

HAHA nice .. hey they arent doin any good in the gun anyways. If you got em shoot em. Even if the first one flattens him, theres 2 more to celebrate with !

Nice shooting, tex!

Yer a :wallbash::stretcher: Marty. :blahblah1::sarcasm:

Rich,I,ll post my shots after this weekend,and yes,my pop makes the loads.

Just bought a new mossburg 500 with a turkey barrel and choke.Hope to get out this week and pattern it.Bought three diferent loads hope one of them is "the one".

Didnt do any research Duber,but have they gone to the duel slide?

Not a big fan of mossburg.

Best of luck to you this season.

Yah they went to the double slide.I did alot of research.Probably looked at 200 reviews from "pros" and consumer reviews and didn't find many bad ones.I actualy found more bad reviews on the Winchester I have been using for the past 20 years.I was a little werry of a pump shotgun that you can buy with a 28" waterfoul barrel,a 24" turkey barrel (with fiber-optic sites),a riffled cantilever slug barrel,4 chokes and a cable trigger lock all in camo for $520.00 brand new.Also found out they are the only one to pass a military spec that requires 3000 trouble free shots in various conditions including being totaly imerssed in mud without cleaning.Figured I would give the 500 a go.

Mossbergs ain't pretty or quiet but niether am I. :thumbsup_anim: