Orillia fishing

I'm gonna be in orillia this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where I could get a line wet.

I don't have a boat so anything i'd be doin would be from shore.

Not even sure what would bite or what to expect but I figured this would be a good venue to find some answers!

Any help would be great

Thanks!!

It will be a busy weekend from shore, as the Perch Festival kicks off...but you can head to Atherly Narrows and give it a rip...shouldn't be too hard to see the crowds. ;)

I guess you're going to be the only one at your own perch festival this weekend :rofl2: doesn't open til next weekend.

I'm gonna be in orillia this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where I could get a line wet.

I don't have a boat so anything i'd be doin would be from shore.

Not even sure what would bite or what to expect but I figured this would be a good venue to find some answers!

Any help would be great

Thanks!!

It's been a few years now since I've fished Couchiching Beach Park but have had good luck for perch off the cement pier down by the statue (Champlain?)...I never tried for crappie off the boat docks but they used to let the public fish off them during the festival...then there is also the fishing pier (no boats allowed to dock) outside of the Harbour Master building...

give 'er a try...