Ice Fising Wrap-up

trapshooter

Hey Gang, it's getting down the last of the ice up here. You've got to pick and choose your spots now, but I've been off the big lakes since last Tuesday.

Thought I'd share some pics from the latter half of my ice season.

LOTW Pike on a tip-up/quick strike rig with a big live sucker.

IMG_7123small_00.jpg

We had a blast with these whitefish on a lake about 30 mins from home.

Ice+fishing+014.JPG

Good numbers of whitefish and always a welcomed treat when one of these guys would show up.

Feb++2010+Ice+fishing+004.JPG

Seems every lake I fished this year I managed to find one of these guys. :lol:

Ice+fishing+020.JPG

I finished my season on Lake Minnitaki, which is all of 5 mins from town. It's a massive system in itself and has excellent walleye fishing as well and nice pike and lake trout.

We were intercepting the big walleye on their way to a spawning river. It was actually difficult to catch fish under 18" to keep for the pan.

March+28+2010+Ice+fishing+003.JPG

March+28+2010+Ice+fishing+008.JPG

Minnitaki+Ice+Fishing+March+29+2010+001.JPG

Some buddies with nice walleye.

Minnitaki+Ice+Fishing+March+29+2010+004.JPG

P3300293.JPG

P3160284.JPG

Although we were targeting walleye it's always nice when a couple surprises show up.

P3160279.JPG

Minnitaki+Ice+Fishing+March+29+2010+008.JPG

Real early spring up here, that's for sure. A couple spots open now for launching a boat. Walleye doesn't close till April 14th so the next outing will be in the boat.

That settles it. I'm moving to NW Ontario! Awesome pics man...looks like you had yet another great season. Is there anything that Lindy Darter WON'T catch??? Just curious...is that the rainbow smelt colour that keeps appearing, or something else? I like it...

That settles it. I'm moving to NW Ontario! Awesome pics man...looks like you had yet another great season. Is there anything that Lindy Darter WON'T catch??? Just curious...is that the rainbow smelt colour that keeps appearing, or something else? I like it...

Yeah the lindy darter has been good to me. Catches pike, walleye, trout and I even had a whitefish slam one. That colour is called bluegill!!