Maybe a different Walleye / Pickerel technique to try.

Harrison

• 2 years later...

You should report more often. I know this post is a million years old, but it's good stuff.

Cool info Harrison.

Best inland walleye in these parts for me since moving back home here 4 years ago, 6.2 lbs out of a small lake. Caught on a bass jig... a Coffee Tube. Bass "stuff" certainly does work. And the funny thing about the smallies on that lake, they love the walleye grubs but you'll never get an eye bite those. lol.

have used similar to flippin jig

with many yrs of experimentation I is my observation that it is actually the angle of the eye on the jig that helps it get to bottom through weeds

I now pour and tie my own jigs using a 45 degree angle on the eyelet

1 or 2 member have tried these

also when jigging it the weeds tend to glace off rather than hang on the eyelet

I love pickerel... but they are hard to find...!

The local restaurants sell pickerel for $10.99 a plate.. don't know where they get it from... you ask.. they don't say..?!

And I know it's not coming from commercial fishers... cause you can not use gill nets in 3 feet of weedy waters... must be a bunch of kids... figured it out.. (catch a bunch and sell to the local food places... on the weekends..)... I dunno?

Time I tried it... tasted much more like Rose fish to me... but the menu would not lie..???? Probably a typo?

Can't wait to get back out on the waters...

:Gonefishing: