Round Gobies ........ "Yummy"

dsn

I can't believe how tasty those things can be. They even smell bad.w00t.gif

But they said it, not me.rofl2.gifI wonder who was the guy or gal who dared to try it first. And made that claim.

Second paragraph... at end of the 12th sentence !

Iowa Department Of Natural Resources

yummy !!

So You going give it try?laugh.gif

It's all good newsbiggrin.gif

DSN

Edited by DSN

Had a young man visiting from Georgia and he had never seen one before. Caught one and was offered $20 if he could eat it on the spot. He tried... He said he was doing okay until he bit in to the squishy part and the juice flowed out... lol He chummed over the side. Ah, the joys of youth. :)

I can't see myself eating one, they feel soft and squishy like they are all just skin and guts (aka fishpoo). I can see why game fish like them, no spines like a perch or sunfish.

LMAO, soft and squishy? a swimming turd? They even have the color? I did a lot of live bait fishing in the past, chubs, shiners, emerald shiners, bluegill, perch. A soft ray fish like a chub or shiner will get you bit a lot faster that a fish with spines in their fins.

Some inland lakes down here have already been affected my zebra mussels, probably not a good plan to see gobies spread. They can`t be used for bait here either.

Had a young man visiting from Georgia and he had never seen one before. Caught one and was offered $20 if he could eat it on the spot. He tried... He said he was doing okay until he bit in to the squishy part and the juice flowed out... lol He chummed over the side. Ah, the joys of youth. :)

I can't see myself eating one, they feel soft and squishy like they are all just skin and guts (aka fishpoo). I can see why game fish like them, no spines like a perch or sunfish.

:rofl2: A freind of mine ate a fish eye for fifty bucks we told him in order to win the money he had to chew, swallow and keep it down, the look on his face was priceless. He won the money, I was shocked.

:unsure: better yet...what about the first guy that drank milk....

" you see that big animal out there in the field? how much ya bet me to suck on those things hanging underneath it " :tease:

Funny - What about the first guy who said - " I am going to eat the next thing that comes out that chicken's azz!

:rofl2: A freind of mine ate a fish eye for fifty bucks we told him in order to win the money he had to chew, swallow and keep it down, the look on his face was priceless. He won the money, I was shocked.

I'd do that for $50 no problem

I have eat fried gobies 35 years ago, somewhere in eastern Europe.

I was a child at that time. They are indeed very tasty. Actualy the gobie was the first fish that I fish/catch in my life.

They are a pest for Great Lakes but are not considerate so in their native habitat (Caspian & Black Sea).

It is very easy to catch them, just a piece of meat (worm, mussel, salami, s.o.) in a small hook and fish on.

The fish is realy agresive, the fight is good for the relative size of the fish.

Enjoy.