French river fishing

mattybculp

hello all, my buddies and i are heading up to wolseley lodge on the french river june 21 2010. I have fished georgian bay before but i have never ventured up the french river. I was wondering if anyone may have some info to share with me on spots lure type, presentation, water temps for that time of year, etc. We are mostly targeting muskie,and pike. thankyou for any information you may have to help me .

thanks Matt

Mattyb: Use the Search feature on here for Wolseley Bay and French River. I should have some reports out there from past years. My wife and I have been fishing out of Wolseley Bay (Wolseley Lodge) for about 5 years now. Missed last year, but we're booked for this coming September. Check out my previous posts/reports ... we'll go from there.

Great area, I spent a few weeks at Wolsely lodge last year. Harold is an awesome guy and very accommodating. There is good fishing for pike and muskie very close, a ton of different kinds of structure and this area is very easy to navigate. Harold does a good job of pointing out all the spots producing fish too.

Most productive colours I have used up there are Perch and Walleye colours. But bright greens seem to work quite well from what I have seen in the pics on his wall.

Thanks guys for your replies . Does anybody know the expected average water temp. of the french for the end of june. I know its a changing thing and hard to predict just wondering if anybody has been up there in late june, whom may remember what the water temp was. Thanks again

Thanks guys for your replies . Does anybody know the expected average water temp. of the french for the end of june. I know its a changing thing and hard to predict just wondering if anybody has been up there in late june, whom may remember what the water temp was. Thanks again

Friggin cold for bathing :o but if I remember correctly, was around 65 - 68 most of the time we were there then.