Savagear 4 Play Swimbaits

mbosh1980

Picked up a 14cm firetiger hard swimbait from one of the "impulse buy" bins at bps this morning. Was wondering if anyone has used them and for what species? They have a couple vids on youtube and the action looks good but I'm having trouble finding reviews for the product.

Thanks

Picked up a 14cm firetiger hard swimbait from one of the "impulse buy" bins at bps this morning. Was wondering if anyone has used them and for what species? They have a couple vids on youtube and the action looks good but I'm having trouble finding reviews for the product.

Thanks

never heard of them to be honest. can u put up a couple pics so we can have a look?

They definitely looked nice to me. I almost bought one...you know, one of those put it in the basket and after 1 hour of shopping I had so much stuff I had to start putting some things back. The Savage lures didn't make it to the checkout. Of course, the sale is still on......

Just got the latest edition of Musky Hunter magazine and Rollie and Helen's Musky Shop has an ad for Savagear baits.

Go figure.

Guess they just didn't sell well up here for some reason.

Looks like you got a good deal.

• 7 years later...

Have a bunch I plan on trying very soon. Mostly the soft plastic ones, but have some hard lures too. Best prices for me were from the UK.

What's the lowest prices you've seen them for?

I ordered the herring lip lure hardbait for $9, the last ones they had and it was the sexy shad colour.

Retail on these are expensive.

I have both the lipped and lipless version. Both are pretty good but I seem to better luck with the lipped lure. They have got me some pretty decent pike and bass. I haven't tried the soft plastic versions though.

How do you like to retrieve them? Very slow and let the lure do the work?

What's the lowest prices you've seen them for?

I ordered the herring lip lure hardbait for $9, the last ones they had and it was the sexy shad colour.

Retail on these are expensive.

For the hard lures, about $14CDN each total for the 19cm/7.5" ones shipped to my door. Exchange rate has been getting worse though, so probably about $15 now. Still cheaper than the $20+tax retail.

I've had great success with these for pike. lots of different ways to fish it, but the fish will dictate how they want it of course... slow and steady, burned over weeds, or similar to a jerk bait. I find a lot will hit when i give it a 2-3 second pause. From local lakes, to Toronto Island to the Kawarthas, its one of the first lures i throw for pike. Bass seem to like it too... Def worth having at least one in the arsenal...lol

I got to try the lure out yesterday for a few casts. It has a clean swimming action to it and I find it also has a nice wobble to it as well. I didn't have any follows but I do see this lure catching me fish in the right conditions. I was talking to a person who owns these lures and he told me to watch out for the plastic tail. He mentioned how the two plastic points would break off. Anyone have the same problem?

4play-liplure-dirty-silver.jpg