Picked up my first Baitcasting Outfit

raptorfan

Bought my first baitcasting outfit today at the sportsman show. Wasn't a much better deal than I would have got somewhere else, but it was a little bit. I bought a Quantum PT Energy rod and a Quantum PT Catalyst reel with burner gears for around $240. The good part about it, besides finally having my first set up, was that by buying a Quantum PT combo, I took my receipt to the Quantum booth and they gave me a free PT hat and 6 free sexy shads! I figure that was worth an extra $35 in itself.

All in all, it was a good day at the show. The worst part was the walk between buildings, which the kids were not too happy about. I also hooked my wife up with her first rod and reel, and my boy also bought a new rod and reel. He is stepping up just like I did at his age, he bought himself a nice M/L 6' Ugly Stick and a Quantum snapshot 10 series reel. Should be perfect for him for our crappie and bass outings.

Ended up spending way too much on the day, almost $700 by the time I bought all the gear, paid to get in and took the family to Tuckers Marketplace for dinner on the way home, but it was all worth it to see the smiles on my kids faces when the day was done. Can't wait to get out tomorrow morning and try our luck!

Shawn

Bought my first baitcasting outfit today at the sportsman show. Wasn't a much better deal than I would have got somewhere else, but it was a little bit. I bought a Quantum PT Energy rod and a Quantum PT Catalyst reel with burner gears for around $240. The good part about it, besides finally having my first set up, was that by buying a Quantum PT combo, I took my receipt to the Quantum booth and they gave me a free PT hat and 6 free sexy shads! I figure that was worth an extra $35 in itself.

All in all, it was a good day at the show. The worst part was the walk between buildings, which the kids were not too happy about. I also hooked my wife up with her first rod and reel, and my boy also bought a new rod and reel. He is stepping up just like I did at his age, he bought himself a nice M/L 6' Ugly Stick and a Quantum snapshot 10 series reel. Should be perfect for him for our crappie and bass outings.

Ended up spending way too much on the day, almost $700 by the time I bought all the gear, paid to get in and took the family to Tuckers Marketplace for dinner on the way home, but it was all worth it to see the smiles on my kids faces when the day was done. Can't wait to get out tomorrow morning and try our luck!

Shawn

Now you need a few hours alone on a deserted lake to learn how to remove bird nests. Good luck!!

I got a nice big backyard for that, spent a few hours out there this weekend practicing up for bass and eyes. I did spool it up with some cheap 15 lb mono for practice, and boy am I sure glad I did!