Professors Lake Fishing in the Summer?

Angler16

Hello all, have not been on here for a while, hope everyones doing good. Some buddies and I were thinking about going shore fishing at professors lake this summer, how is the fishing over there?What are some good spots to start? What type of species can you catch? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

L.A

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fish+of+professor%27s+lake+in+brampton

4th link reads the following

1660 North Park Drive

905-791-7751

Map ID: 55

Types of Fish: Black Crappie, Bluntnose Minnow, Carp, Koi, Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, Sunfish, Rock Bass, Sucker, Yellow Perch, Jumbo Perch

Admission: FREE

Boat Rentals: Not available for fishing, shore fishing only

Season: Year-round, depending on the weather

Hours of Operation: No regulated hours, only for beach area

Not sure if the ice is gone yet, but right after ice out the perch were in shallow thick. Caught probably 50 from shore on the west corner with grubs and micro tubes. Biggest probably not even a 1/2 lb and most tiny. Not sure if safe to eat, but don't really eat fish anyways. Caught some incidental largies too. Saw some carp. Never seen a pike there yet.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I persoanly caught pumkinseed and rock bass but I 've seen carp(HUGE) LM bass, yellow perch too There are a lot of people who have caught pike and sucker fish here too. ROCK BASS is easiest to catch I never come home without atleast catching one . I usecorn as bait but worms are good too

Good luck:)

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the correction. Still close though when looking at the bigger picture :-)

Lol, I'm sure the community that lives around Preston would love it if the trespassers starting going to Professors instead.

I just moved to Brampton coincidentally - I'm going to be fishing that lake heavily this season! :) I'll keep you posted.

1st target of the season - Black Crappie!

great little pond. seems pretty clean for how well fortified it is by the houses within casting distance.perch , sunfish and carp are a blast to catch when only minutes from the house

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I always understood that you weren't allowed to fish from a boat, just shore, in this place but I went for a dip a couple of days ago (turquoise water on a hot day) and saw some dude fishing from a bass hunter. I called next day and sure enough you can now fish from boat but only you're own non motorized. You can't fish from one of their rentals.

BUT, you have to launch from their boathouse for 5 something and it's 10-7 everyday. They give you a flag and when 7pm comes they bring you all in. They have a motorized boat to come get you if you're late. And you're not even allowed to launch a dingy from the park on the opposite side. Not even the residents whose backyards are on the water are allowed to launch without notifying the rec centre.

i went a year ago or so and actually went inside the water up to our hips and caught lots of perch,rockbass and pumpkinseeds. there is bass and pike but they absolutly have tons of huge carp. everytime we were in the water they would come right beside our feet but we were never able to hookup with one. we tried corn and everything

I always understood that you weren't allowed to fish from a boat, just shore, in this place but I went for a dip a couple of days ago (turquoise water on a hot day) and saw some dude fishing from a bass hunter. I called next day and sure enough you can now fish from boat but only you're own non motorized. You can't fish from one of their rentals.

BUT, you have to launch from their boathouse for 5 something and it's 10-7 everyday. They give you a flag and when 7pm comes they bring you all in. They have a motorized boat to come get you if you're late. And you're not even allowed to launch a dingy from the park on the opposite side. Not even the residents whose backyards are on the water are allowed to launch without notifying the rec centre.

Just outta curiosity, where did you get this information? God, sounds like such a money grab for the Rec. Centre!!

Just outta curiosity, where did you get this information? God, sounds like such a money grab for the Rec. Centre!!

Spent 5 mins on the phone with them. Apparently the city owns the water! About 3 years ago I launched from the park just for a stroll, no fishing, and she came up to me in a powered boat and said you're supposed to register with us first! But at that time I don't think they had flags and all that.

Heart Lake isn't as stingy as Profs. when it comes to rules but I never have good success at Heart Lake.

I guess places like Wilcox are ideal for cheap skates like me. Free and lots of fish.