BASS vrs CBAF ?

fish-miester

was just lookin at the two fishing clubs and was wondering if any of you are members of either BASS or CBAF ? and if so what one is better in your opinion? as well as what do you like about them ?

I am really interested in joining one as a non-boater but have yet to decide what one.

any information is much appreciated!

Thanks again

- a fellow Angler

Im currently a member of the CBAF and was a member in BASS, both good clubs but i preferred the CBAF mostly because in our tournaments we fish together, got a lot of help from the boater when I first started . In the BASS format you fish against everyone including the guy in the boat with you. If you like to tournament fish you cant go wrong either way, just your preference.

awesome. I have friends in both clubs and have been more so leaning towards CBAF , though now i live in Lindsay I have both to choose from.

ps Lowerunit what area are you fishing out of? for example mine would be out of kawartha lakes.

as for Tybo are you talking about nice fish in general or the one in my picture? cuz yours isnt to bad yourself

I'm a member of CBAF Bass Pro-shops, and will be joining Barrie Bassmasters in Apr. we have members like Dave Chong, Simon Frost, Joe Figuira, Joe Adragns, etc... you draw some of these guys and your learning curve definetly skyrockets!, Weight is combined so its in the boaters best interest to teach you , costs are low and you dont need a boat, plus as a member you can fish other clubs events in the CBAF, Ive enjoyed my experience and

i think you will too FM.

I've always been interested in doing tournaments... but have NEVER KNOWN how to go about doing so...

To anyone that could answer this question:

- If I wanted to join either club... How would I go about it? I currently live in Toronto, and do not have access to a boat; Though, I have LOTS of my own fishing equip.

Anyone looking for a fishing partner?

I have so many questions, I don't even know where to begin. :dunno:

Both are good groups based on some solid principles.

I fished BASS and now fish the CBAF its a bigger group and generally has larger turn outs. It really depends on what you want to derive.

CBAF is somewhat looser not in its rules persay but just more a setting where a bunch of guys go fish and have a good time, dont get me wrong its competative with the sticks some of the guys hold potentially you have the opportunity to fish with a guy who is skilled enough to fish with the big boys down south and here.

If you only have budget for 1 group I suggest you go to a few club meetings, talk to the guys, check the websites of both out put personally if you want to shorten your learning curve imo, I suggest the CBAF you ll have a higher percentage of getting into a boat with a real experienced guy....

Besides where else can you get tnto a 60k boat fish with a pro on his spots using his gear potentially for 60 bucks an event..

Regardless one year will have you hooked on competative bass fishing, unless you have a room next to me and then its more of a malted beverage event...lol

Check out both go to a meeting and decide whats best for you

http://www.ontariobass.com/

or http://www.cbaf.ca/

Edited by aniceguy

as aniceguy has said check out the websites..ontariobass has a link to chapters including a few down your way; some chapters have web sites some dont.

any questions, fire away

I've always been interested in doing tournaments... but have NEVER KNOWN how to go about doing so...

To anyone that could answer this question:

- If I wanted to join either club... How would I go about it? I currently live in Toronto, and do not have access to a boat; Though, I have LOTS of my own fishing equip.

Anyone looking for a fishing partner?

I have so many questions, I don't even know where to begin. :dunno:

Hey fish meister Im with the Simcoe club, awesome bunch of guys and our club tourneys are on Simcoe.

Do they have a website?

I'm not so worried about being partnered up with a pro, I would just like to get into the tourney scene. Can any one tell me how often these clubs have events and how long and what day of the week they are usually on?

I'm a member of CBAF...we started our chapter last year out of Whitby. As far as tournies go..you could probly fish a tourny a week if you wanted too...most of the tournies are on one day of the weekend. The benefit of CBAF as i can see is that once you join the federation, you are able to fish any of the chapters tournies. Its also a great way to meet some good people and perhaps your first partner!..If you have any questions drop me a PM.

Todd

what are these clubs like if someone has a boat but isn't a great fisherman yet! I wouldn't want to get paired up with me expecting to get a some what of a pro. i have been looking over both clubs just haven't made up my mind.

you can go as a non-boater until you feel comfortable on the lakes you fish.....

Both are good groups based on some solid principles.

I fished BASS and now fish the CBAF its a bigger group and generally has larger turn outs. It really depends on what you want to derive.

CBAF is somewhat looser not in its rules persay but just more a setting where a bunch of guys go fish and have a good time, dont get me wrong its competative with the sticks some of the guys hold potentially you have the opportunity to fish with a guy who is skilled enough to fish with the big boys down south and here.

If you only have budget for 1 group I suggest you go to a few club meetings, talk to the guys, check the websites of both out put personally if you want to shorten your learning curve imo, I suggest the CBAF you ll have a higher percentage of getting into a boat with a real experienced guy....

Besides where else can you get tnto a 60k boat fish with a pro on his spots using his gear potentially for 60 bucks an event..

Regardless one year will have you hooked on competative bass fishing, unless you have a room next to me and then its more of a malted beverage event...lol

Check out both go to a meeting and decide whats best for you

http://www.ontariobass.com/

or http://www.cbaf.com/

Just a heads up the the cabf link should be .ca

I've met a bunch of CBAF'ers on the water, and received a few invites to join a few of the clubs, however, the ones that were close to home couldn't accommodate, (BPS had a waiting list), (Simcoe got a little political).

It looks like a decent club.

Good luck!

I've met a bunch of CBAF'ers on the water, and received a few invites to join a few of the clubs, however, the ones that were close to home couldn't accommodate, (BPS had a waiting list), (Simcoe got a little political).

It looks like a decent club.

Good luck!

If you want in at BPS let me talk to Albert and see if they are still holding a spot for me. I cannot afford it this year and the Durham chapter is a lot closer for me...

To the person who posted about having a boat and not being that good. Join as a non boater and learn from the others. after one event being paired with "the fish dr" I have learned a few tricks to boat a lot more fish...

I'm in Richmond Hill.

I appreciate the offer guys, but I think I just want to fish for fun.

I was offered a spot last year by Charles Nahm for the Miss chapter, but it was a little bit out of the way. I give him props (no pun intended), for being very outgoing and extending an invite to me.

Both organizations are grassroots oriented tournament bass fishing club systems. I started with the OBF and it really helped sparked my love and participation in competitive fishing. Left eventually for personal reasons/difference in philosophy with some people. Volunteered (more like was peer pressured/told - lol) to start the Mississauga Chapter of the CBAF after that. The CBAF has basically taken the "Canadian Pro/Am" type of bass fishing tournament (shared weight) and made an inexpensive circuit out of it that is still very competitve and yet very stress free. A really fun time plus we go to new lakes every year which keeps the playing field level and lets us visit and learn new lakes for more fishing opportunites. You can join as a non-boater or boater at ANY level and enjoy it. We have people that are riding for the first time in a bass boat at just about every event and also have guys that have won about everything there is to win up here. Great mix and huge learning opportunity. Go to our on-line calendar to see a listing of all the events and club meetings. As mentioned above, one thing the members of all clubs seem to appreciate is that if you join any club - you can still participate in any other club's events as well. Another thing I can't leave out is the Fed Cup - a bragging rights (club versus club) 2 day event each year in October on Quinte that is the highlight for most of our seasons. A super fine time and the fishing is good too. BTW, Mississauga is the defending champion from 2009. Just had to throw that in there for when JP reads this as his club won in 2008... hahahaha

The meetings for most clubs are open so your best bet is to go to a meeting and check out each club and see if it is for you. Chris is the president of the Kawartha Lakes chapter if you'd like his email please PM me.

Thanks for the kind words bassman.

If anyone has any questions - they can feel free to PM me and I will help out in any way I can.

Charles