SK Fishing report

holdfast

It was so nice on Saturday that I had to hike into the Backwoods to attempt some ice fishing. I knew that chances was I wasn't going to get even a bite as Ive been skunked now three times in a row. But with such great weather, I wanted to be alone to enjoy the wilderness. Yea I know, it could be Dangerous and Im an Idiot, Im just being sarcastic reference the survivorman wannabe Thread t. If you haven't been back-wooding alone, youve lead a sheltered life.

Clear skies and plus 6 temperatures, it was actually 6 degrees warmer 2 hours North around the Prince Albert area compared to my hometown North Battleford. Not a good sign for the farmers and supposedly really good for grasshoppers.

Check out the early spring. The road between Big River and Chitek Lake

P3060015.jpg

P3060002.jpg

The start of the trail. Great to know that the only human footprints are mine from the last time I snowshoed in. This time I hid my gear in the woods then parked the truck a Km up the road hidden and I would walk bareass back to the trail.

P3060003.jpg

Even the snow was melting along the trail where the sun could get at it.

P3060004.jpg

Check out the Gorgeous view of the lake. Im definitely going to give this place an over niter camping trip this summer. I'm working on building a cart for my small boat and motor and this lake is perfect to try it out at a later date..

P3060005.jpg

Spike and the set up. I bought a ice fishing shelter tent from Walmarts for $50 on sale however it went back. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE to set up alone.

P3060010.jpg

P3060008.jpg

P3060009.jpg

Check this out that I shoveled out before auguring. Im thinking Wolf Hair. By the way, those antlers I found are now at my shop which I will mount.

P3060006.jpg

Every hole I augured produced hundreds of shrimp.

P3060007.jpg

No bites but a great way to spend on a sunny afternoon

It was so nice on Saturday that I had to hike into the Backwoods to attempt some ice fishing. I knew that chances was I wasn't going to get even a bite as Ive been skunked now three times in a row. But with such great weather, I wanted to be alone to enjoy the wilderness. Yea I know, it could be Dangerous and Im an Idiot, Im just being sarcastic reference the survivorman wannabe Thread t. If you haven't been back-wooding alone, youve lead a sheltered life.

Clear skies and plus 6 temperatures, it was actually 6 degrees warmer 2 hours North around the Prince Albert area compared to my hometown North Battleford. Not a good sign for the farmers and supposedly really good for grasshoppers.

The difference Rob, is, you have the training and experience to go backwoods and handle it.

Looks like a great lake to fish or spend time at!

Looks like a georgous day.

I have to say that Spike must have a wonderful "recall" to stick with you with all the excitement of getting out exploring lke that.....good doggy

As far as the hundreds of shrimp........might be why your getting the skunk........fishies bellies may already be packed with shrimp?