40 seconds left and no Crosby??

Cudz

I'm not a Crosby hater at all, but why do you need speed when you have all 12 players bottlenecked inside the blue line? What good is speed in that situation? You need big bodies to muscle guys off of the puck. Sure, it didn't work out but I think it was the correct call. It was a defensive situation.

Clueless, if you're measuring a hockey player by goals and assist. Thank goodness you all didn't have a say in picking the team. Stick to fishin'.

True enough...Crosby just being on the ice opens so much up for everyone else on the ice. It's very hard to see the impact that he has on the ice without seeing the whole surface.

Cheers

Craig

I guess we''re stuck with him here in Pittsburgh. He's a current Cup champ, he scored two game winners in the Olympics and his final goal will immortalize him. He sucks. Does anyone want my signed jersey? I'm going to throw it away.

I guess we''re stuck with him here in Pittsburgh. He's a current Cup champ, he scored two game winners in the Olympics and his final goal will immortalize him. He sucks. Does anyone want my signed jersey? I'm going to throw it away.

yea like all the arm chairs slagging Pronger, Niedermayer, Richards, Thornton, Getzlaf, etc etc. They may of never scored, but I can tell you despite their size, they seemed in the opposition end more than their own. yea, now that I really had a chance to see Niedermayer play, now I know why he is a great Captain and defenseman.

Just noticed this thread, how ironic the earlier posters were bashing Sid. :rolleyes:

On a side note Sid was interviewed shortly after the game was over. Was asked how it felt to score the winning goal after being held pointless the previous 3 games. :rolleyes:

Honestly, considering the moment, and with the entire country watching and behind the team, a simple "Great game Sid, congratulations!, And from all of Canada THANK YOU!" It would have been much more appropriate.