Cabin fever

aws

When walleye come up the rivers here, it usually means that they're spawning so, even if the season is open, it's probably not a good time to fish for them. But hey, that's just my opinion. I hope you do well.

When walleye come up the rivers here, it usually means that they're spawning so, even if the season is open, it's probably not a good time to fish for them. But hey, that's just my opinion. I hope you do well.

LOL big slap in the face to steelheaders, people who fish salmon in the fall, early spring monster pike perch walleye bass and muskie, smelt netters, ect. I guess you don't partake in any spring or fall fishing? Or you don't fish at all because the fish are feeding/preparing for spawn the rest of the year. Like fishing has ever been "good" for fish.

But for the OP no my friends down south haven't been out for walleye yet, might be a bit too early.

Didn't mean to upset you Xeon. They don't all spawn at the same time. I'll say it again, when the walleye run up the rivers here in the spring, they usually are spawning so I just wait till that's done before I go after them. Is that better?

edit: Bass and Muskie you can forget about until mid June at least, in that area.

:Gonefishing: The Thames is open in a lot of spots around London. When do the eyes make it up here? Has anyone caught anything in the last week?

Isn't the season open below Chatham only. I have often been wrong in the past and may well be again. :D

Oops. Mea culpa. Checked again. Open till Mar 15.

JF

Edited by JohnF

might be a few more weeks before they hit Deleware in good numbers...assuming there is still a healthy run ...its been quite a few years since i pounded the Thames..and the runs weren't that great and at the time ....with the introduction to slot size....became that much more difficult to catch a feed