Some tips for the fishing for Tyler event

kickingfrog

I am not an expert on the area, but I am from the area, so I thought I'd start a post for those of you who may not be as familiar with Innisfil Beach.

The Exit from the 400 is Inisfil Beach Road. Take it all the way east to the lake.

There is a Tim Hortons/ gas station right off the hwy.

There are a number of gas stations as well as coffee shops right down by the lake access, including another timmies and a few mom and pops. Sorry no starbucks for those of you from the big smoke

(bring your own). :P

There are some places for bait, but the word is minnows are hard to come by, or non existent.

12- 15 inches of solid ice.

Lots of cars and trucks on the lake, some snow and some bare spots. Use your own judgment if you are thinking of taking your vehicle out on the lake.

Anybody else have something of value to add?

Tight lines.

:Gonefishing:

Be careful about cars and trucks on the ice, one fellow with other guys went part way in today with his truck and trailer(broke through the ice if you don't understand), washed his trailer and snowmobile with lake water, managed to get out. Area is towards Snake/Fox Is. If you don't know the area, ask.

For all that needs to drive out,its a short walking distance to 80-90fow.Be careful and have fun as I will.Id rather walk out knowing I can drive back Home.To all good luck fishing and if anyone wants to give me any pointers icing for whities feel free to do so, Ive only been out once before.I will be the one with an aquaview.Good Luck to all and for god sake be safe out there.Cheers