Need suggestions for summer trip

10point

Some of you may remember me being on here some last summer. I live in Indiana and my wife is from London. I am thinking about taking a trip possibly in June. The plan would be to drop my wife off in London and head North no more than say 7 hours. We would have a boat and would be looking for Walleye, Northern, or Bass. Any suggestions? We would probably be looking at 3-4 days of fishing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You could look at some outfitters North of Sault Ste Marie but it'll be about 9-10 hours from London. The French River would be a good bet at about 5-6 hours or so. There's walleye, bass, pike, muskie, and smaller fish in there. I'm not sure if bass and muskie will be open whenever you come up in June but walleye and pike will be.

Bruce has some cozy little cabins at a good price at... www.tamarvacations.com

About 6-7 hours from London. BIG structured lake with good walleye and bass fishing. Pike and lakers also available. Docking for your boat at the island, parking for your vehicle at the access road. Lake maps available online or at the tackle shop on route.

Some of you may remember me being on here some last summer. I live in Indiana and my wife is from London. I am thinking about taking a trip possibly in June. The plan would be to drop my wife off in London and head North no more than say 7 hours. We would have a boat and would be looking for Walleye, Northern, or Bass. Any suggestions? We would probably be looking at 3-4 days of fishing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been to Tamar and thinks it is a great place. The bass season opens June 26 this year. Bruce is a great guy and the smally fishing is very good. Without working to hard 50+ fish days are pretty common. Northerns aren't as plentiful as other lakes I've fished but size is great. They really fatten up on those lake trout.

Tamar is a boat in place which I highly reccommend. If you want more info shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to give you some guidance as to the maps to buy and where/how to fish.

Where are you from in Indiana? I was born there and spent most of my working life calling on the automative parts makers in Indiana and southwest Michigan.

Another great question is, do you have GPS mapping with Sonar.....like a Lowrance LMS 520 or similar...if so it really makes a difference when navigating unfamiliar waters....the French River really has no mapping for it's waters and that is really one area that should have since it's so large and complex.....but if you do have a Sonar/GPS unit you can get excellent mapping for the Kawarthan Lakes.....Stoney Lake is one of my favorites along with Upper/Lower Buckhorn and Pigeon Lake. There are many guys here that fish these lake regularly and some even live on these lakes that will chime in if your interested enough in one of them....for me the Kawarthan Lakes are the hidden jewel in Ontario...not to far 3-4 hours from the Peace Bridge and everything to offer you can think of.

Good Luck,

Bob

I'd recommend looking into the Abitibi-Témiscaming area of north western Quebec (about 65 miles north east of North Bay, Ontario). London to Témiscaming is 353 miles (just about 7 hours driving according to Mapquest) and a lot of it on 4 lane highway (e.g. 401, 400, 11). Quebec walleye possession limits are 6 or 8 depending on location and there are no size restrictions other than a minimum size limit. The Shield Lakes in north western Quebec are deep, well structured and provide access to lake trout and northern pike fishing as well. A non-resident fishing licence for 3 days is $27 CDN. If you have any interest in trying a fishing trip to north western Quebec, let me know and I'll send you a PM with some recommended locations and outfitters.