Streaming Olympic Coverage

blaque

Yep: Streaming Olympic coverage

Click on one of the viewers guide- watch online links on the right.

As John says I don't know if it will be available south of the border though.

I'm streaming it here at the college through our student information system. :D

It's a bunch of 26" flatscreen LCD's placed all over the college. ;)

I figure it's the olympics so the students don't need to know squat!!!! rotflol.gifrotflol.gifrotflol.gif

Edited by DRIFTER_016

http://www.ctvolympics.ca should work for you. I've been using it and loving it, the quality is great as well. Go to that site and click the "watch online" on the right. They let you watch every networks coverage and you can go back and watch events you missed, its pretty sweet.

Some of those sites are restricted to Canadian IP addies. I discovered that in the States & Mexico when I tried to watch the Junior hockey.

JF

I gave it a shot........lol, had to try, but yeah,........no dice. Thanks though

You should have left you computer on up here and configured your firewall to allow RDP (remote desktop protocol).

Then you could remote into your Canadian computer and watched the Olympics that way. :D

You should have left you computer on up here and configured your firewall to allow RDP (remote desktop protocol).

Then you could remote into your Canadian computer and watched the Olympics that way. :D

Or even better, set it up a cheap proxy server on a P2 here then you can surf/connect anywhere that filters out non-canadian IP ranges. and no hop lags :D

I dont have a computer up there lol........i live down here haha

If you really want to get streaming coverage from CTV you can get a vpn account which will effectively give you a Canadian IP. I am doing this from South America right now, and it works well. There are many different vpn providers out there, but I am using http://www.purevpn.com/ for about $6/month. You can buy just one month if you like. Once your account is setup, they will email you instructions on how to configure your computer, which is fairly straight forward.

I know NBC is even more restrictive than CTV - you need a US ip address, and you must be subscribing to a cable package which includes NBC, and have some kind of account with your cable provider that you use to login to the NBC site.