Let`s hear it for the Habs!!!

lookinforwalleye

As games go not a great game, and remember the series is a best of seven and not a best of one!!! :whistling:

I'm not a Habs fan, but beyond Halak I've just been amazed by Camelleri.

His size, skill and feistiness reminds me of Gilmour in his glory days.

Calgary gave Dougie away to the Leafs back in the day.

I think they hung their hat on the wrong guy last summer when they kept Iginla.

Anyhow beyond last night it's been exciting hockey to watch.

I aint gonna wish the Habs luck but I can still admire them (jealously :) ).

Go Flyers!

(I'm not a Philly fan either, I just despise them less. :D )

Iginla is awesome. Cammalerri is as well. Calgary made the mistake by going after bouwmeester who is way overated. Tried to fix it by going after a bunch of leafs junk. I love cammalerri but comparing him to Gilmour is a stretch. Having said all that I could not agree more with how impressive he has been these playoffs and his puck pursuit is awesome. He wants it.

I'm starting to get the Habs' strategy. That game nearly put me to sleep so I expect it did the same to the Flyers.

Lull the other team to sleep with a crappy game, then come out guns ablazin' and catch them with their pants down and their egos up. I'd be surprised if the other Habs team doesn't show up before this series is over.

JF

Well, on the bright side they were only half as bad as game 1.

I think it's just a strategic move anyway. They're gonna lose 1-0 the thrid game letting the Flyers get cocky(ier?) and then they're gonna blow them away in a 4 game sweep eclipsing the Flyers' own accomplishments.

Yeah, right. :whistling:

JF

Well, on the bright side they were only half as bad as game 1.

I think it's just a strategic move anyway. They're gonna lose 1-0 the thrid game letting the Flyers get cocky(ier?) and then they're gonna blow them away in a 4 game sweep eclipsing the Flyers' own accomplishments.

Yeah, right. :whistling:

JF

Yep, they're just lulling the Flyers into a false sense of security!!! :good:

Bump.

Dont mean that as in im bumping the thread. Just thought it was fitting since the Habs may get bumped tonite. :whistling::angel:

As much as I'd get a kick out of another Habs' win I suspect they may be running short of rabbits in that magician's hat. The Flyers appear to have too many answers for the Habs unfortunately.

But the Habs have sure been fun to watch this year and if they can take it further I say "Go Habs!"

JF

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! The Flyers played really aggressive. But Chicago is also playing some great hockey. Its gonna be a great final!!!

I gotta give credit to where its due. The Habs played great! Everyone was talking about Halak but the credit goes to the entire team. These guys were really hungry to win. Over 300 blocked shots after the first 2 series, setting an NHL record, and almost 400 at the end of this series.

These guys went well beyond what anyone expected on pure heart! I think that quite a few Habs deserve a little bonus for their playoff run.

The Habs provided a glimmer of hope and a ton of entertainment during the playoffs. Philly outplayed them by a wide margin.

Too bad that I've disliked the Flyers since the mid-70's. I'll be rooting for Chicago in the finals...although I don't expect to watch many of the games.

Just like the Habs, it's time for me to do more fishing and golfing!