Did you Here what the U. S supreme court decided on

johnston1010

If those suit dummies from the U.S supreme court in there big huge buildings who have never fished a day in there life keep the Chiago canal open the Great lakes could get those stupid Asian carp and the great lakes counect to almost every one of those great small lakes and I will just destroy the Ontaio that we all love. :angry::angry:

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicag....aspx?id=153959

The American government doesn't give a rats a$$ about anything other than money , guns and power.......Canada included....not surprising that this decision was made.

If it costs some Bureaucrat more paperwork or money then it's not worth the time or effort.

[“This is the first time that we have eDNA evidence to indicate that there may be a presence of Asian carp above any of the last structures,” Peabody said.

But, he added, “We have not been able to find any actual Asian carp physical specimen, either alive or dead, in any of the areas above the fish barrier.”

/quote]

This statement alone proves they know it's there but will not react until it's too late.......shame on them. Typical wait till someone is killed stance.........

Michigan recognizes the problem and gets the door slammed in their face.

Just another American government "piss on them" attitude.

Just another wedge IMO. :wallbash:

Edited by muskymatt

Asian Carp taste like chicken and there's no limit on them!!! :P

Americans brought them in through being irresponsible, it's an American problem so keep them and eat your fill......

whey should we have to clean up your garbage?

funny, if it was reversed we'd have hell to pay

Americans brought them in through being irresponsible, it's an American problem so keep them and eat your fill......

whey should we have to clean up your garbage?

funny, if it was reversed we'd have hell to pay

Meh! What's one more invasive species in the great lakes? :dunno:

Canada let all the other ones in... and the U.S. lets one little tiny species in and we're irreresponsible??? :rolleyes:

... and if you'll check your facts, they haven't even gotten in yet!

Edited by GCD

It's only a matter of time before they do get in! & yes, Canada did let some invasive species in...but in reality, the kind of damage the zebra muscles & gobies have created is extremely minimal, compared to the damage the asian carp are going to impose on the great lakes! Say good bye to the ecosystem....not to mention the economy!

Asian Carp taste like chicken and there's no limit on them!!! :P

Problem is that they are plankton feeders and can't be caught with traditional angling methods, (wheres the youtube vid of the guys in the boat with the net)

So all you downrigger guys get practicing tying up #30 plankton flies, Fly fishers the same! We'll see the end of the charter industry on the lakes, and basically all Great lakes fishing will be done, costing the Gov'ts of Ontario and All the Great lakes States (including Illinois) BILLIONS of dollars in tax revenue. The comercial guys will be the only ones able to catch these things.

Very short sighted of these idiots who are pushing papers around..

jjcanoe

Sorry folks but even if we close it down any invasive species that has no natural enemies will get into the surrounding water ways. If you look at it the small mouth bass was termed an invasive species, along with the gobies that would kill the system, The carmerans will deplete the feeder fish and the carp will destroy the habitate. Guess what so far the lakes have been able to weather all of the crap we have done to it with out failing. I am not saying that it is good that we test the eco system here but to say it is the because the USA is lazy and doesnt give a damn is crap and it is inflammatory in the least. This thread is in poor taste and has no direction to go but down.

Art

We are not flying, we are falling. We are just so high up we haven't noticed the grounds getting closer.

At the risk of sounding overly simple. I know these things are complicated. Can they not just zap or kill all the fish in this river further down the road. If the biomass in the water is 85% invasive carp, who cares. Make a barrier back there and keep the shipping open so all those people do not lose their jobs and those companies do not have to shut down.

Again I am fairly ignorant of the actual area this is going on in, I am sure there is a reason they can't or if it is possible, maybe they are looking into it?

It's only a matter of time before they do get in! & yes, Canada did let some invasive species in...but in reality, the kind of damage the zebra muscles & gobies have created is extremely minimal, compared to the damage the asian carp are going to impose on the great lakes! Say good bye to the ecosystem....not to mention the economy!

They say that everytime they discover a new invasive species in the great lakes... back when the gobies and zebra mussels were discovered it was going to be a total collapse of the great lakes. :rolleyes:

Problem is that they are plankton feeders and can't be caught with traditional angling methods, (wheres the youtube vid of the guys in the boat with the net)

So all you downrigger guys get practicing tying up #30 plankton flies, Fly fishers the same! We'll see the end of the charter industry on the lakes, and basically all Great lakes fishing will be done, costing the Gov'ts of Ontario and All the Great lakes States (including Illinois) BILLIONS of dollars in tax revenue. The comercial guys will be the only ones able to catch these .

jjcanoe

Same as I stated above... but they can be caught with corn and frozen green peas and regular carp bait!

MJL, Victor, Beans... y'all get your gear ready men!!! We've a big job for y'all to do! ;)

Is it really that far fetched to ask for some kind of responsible dialogue on this issue? We do not know why the courts ruled as they did since none of us are lawyers.

Finger pointing in useless and portraying the issue as little more than an inconvenience is insulting.

Our biologists, who have the best record at preserving resources in North America, have identified this issue as one of the highest priority.

I think the issue deserves proper discourse and not this display of immature back and forth.

Is it really that far fetched to ask for some kind of responsible dialogue on this issue? We do not know why the courts ruled as they did since none of us are lawyers.

Finger pointing in useless and portraying the issue as little more than an inconvenience is insulting.

Our biologists, who have the best record at preserving resources in North America, have identified this issue as one of the highest priority.

I think the issue deserves proper discourse and not this display of immature back and forth.

Yeah, it's not like the U.S. doesn't care or hasn't tried to stop them... the great lakes are our waters too!!!

... and speaking of insulting, I felt insulted just reading the title to this thread! :angry:

Maybe y'all should put up your own barriers on the Canadian side?... would any of the bashers like to chip a few $ for that?

It is being tabled for discussion again next week now that Obama realizes the hastiness of his poor decision.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact the it would forever be his legacy being as the president that knowingly allowed the destruction of the Great Lakes fishery.

It is being tabled for discussion again next week now that Obama realizes the hastiness of his poor decision.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact the it would forever be his legacy being as the president that knowingly allowed the destruction of the Great Lakes fishery.

Yes, he would better be know for GIVING AWAY the farm..... :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's not like the U.S. doesn't care or hasn't tried to stop them... the great lakes are our waters too!!!

... and speaking of insulting, I felt insulted just reading the title to this thread! :angry:

Maybe y'all should put up your own barriers on the Canadian side?... would any of the bashers like to chip a few $ for that?

Dude we don't have Asian carp on the Canadian side so why put up barriers. I do agree the U.S does care because there the ones initiating the closer of Chicago system and they have alot more tourist and use $$$$$$$$ at stake then Canada.I don't think the last word has been herd on this subject, the states bordering the great lakes will be seeing red if this decision is true.

Actually the people of Canada (DFO and MNR) have comitted many resources to assist Michigan with its electric barricade.

We would put in our own barriers but since the entire canal exists on US soil, there is the whole sovereignty issue.

Actually the people of Canada (DFO and MNR) have comitted many resources to assist Michigan with its electric barricade.

We would put in our own barriers but since the entire canal exists on US soil, there is the whole sovereignty issue.

I'm sure the Obama administration would take all the Canadian donations you are willing to send for this barrier...:)...my guess is we will NOT see a dime.