Canadian Healthcare!

Greencoachdog

Universal healthcare is many things, but it is not free.

We're not talking "Universal"... we're talking Canadian!

... yanno, the stuff you pay for out the ying-yang in your tax dollars for.... whether you're sick or not, or need it or not!

... and you still haven't answered the question.. why would someone pay for it when they can get it for free??????????????????????????????????

He wants to live... and claim it on his expense report Dawg ! :D

Is that an acceptable deduction when you can get it for free???... I don't think so!!!

...kinda like payin' 25 cents for a breath of fresh air to me!

Is there anyone out there with a logical explanation?

He's jumping..or should I say skipping... the wait line...

..? procedure wasn't offered at home.. so USA is fair game, and may very well be paid for by OHIP... nobodies talking on that one.

Happens out west a lot. Gals are going across into the Northern states to have their babies even.

He's jumping..or should I say skipping... the wait line...

..? procedure wasn't offered at home.. so USA is fair game, and may very well be paid for by OHIP... nobodies talking on that one.

Happens out west a lot. Gals are going across into the Northern states to have their babies even.

Does this mean your socialized medicine tax dollars are wasted???... and why can't y'all have qualified personnel to perform these tasks?

You'd think with one of the largest countries in the world (square mile wise... or so y'all say), you'd have someone to perform any procedure that needed to be done!... maybe they should increase your social medicine tax dollars to ensure this?

Why is an explanation required?

He `s a millionaire he can buy what ever he wants, he opted for the good ole USA to git er done.

The real sad thing is the good ole USA is the only wealthy industrialized nation in the world that does not ensure it`s citizen have healthcare coverage.

What is ensured health care worth if you can't get what you need when you need it???

... would you care for fries with that triple by-pass sir? :rolleyes:

... btw, if you have a full time job in the US, you more than likely have health insurance... just our way of keeping the honest people working and off the "Dole".

Edited by GCD

Does this mean your socialized medicine tax dollars are wasted???... and why can't y'all have qualified personnel to perform these tasks?

You'd think with one of the largest countries in the world (square mile wise... or so y'all say), you'd have someone to perform any procedure that needed to be done!... maybe they should increase your social medicine tax dollars to ensure this?

Guaranteed healthcare doesn't mean everyone is mandated to use it.

Some say you can measure a society by how they take care of their weak. Doesn't mean you have to force everyone to use it.

Your going to have to ask Mr.Williams why he elected to go south for his procedure but knowing a little something about Mr.Williams I would not be surprised if embarassing the Goverment was on his agenda.

I doubt very much if wait time was the issue if you need a heart related procedure in this country you will get it and it will not cost you anything out of pocket. On the other hand if your a lower income American chances are you are going to die!!!

Guaranteed healthcare doesn't mean everyone is mandated to use it.

Some say you can measure a society by how they take care of their weak. Doesn't mean you have to force everyone to use it.

Millionaires don't become rich from spending money foolishly!!!

... and if your weak die while waiting for the proper care?... what does that say aboot your society???

On the other hand if your a lower income American chances are you are going to die!!!

Oh sure!... if you're lazy and unemployed!!!

... we tend to take care of the ones that take care of us!!!... if you're worthless and weak, we leave you out on the ice for the Polar Bears!

Millionaires don't become rich from spending money foolishly!!!

... and if your weak die while waiting for the proper care?... what does that say aboot your society???

The US media created this idea that there are huge lineups. There are lineups, but for the most part those who need care right away get it.

The US media created this idea that there are huge lineups. There are lineups, but for the most part those who need care right away get it.

... and that's why Monsieuer Williams "high tailed it" to the US???

... I'll have one of what he's drinking beer-tender!

What is ensured health care worth if you can't get what you need when you need it???

... would you care for fries with that triple by-pass sir? :rolleyes:

... btw, if you have a full time job in the US, you more than likely have health insurance... just our way of keeping the honest people working and off the "Dole".

Yes they may have SOME FORM of insurance and are probably just as likely to be underinsured or denied coverage by those lovely insurance companies.

One fact about your system that I found shocking is that the leading cause of bankruptcy in your country is you guessed it medical expenses and to make matters worse most of these poor individuals had the insurance your talking about, care to explain to us Canadians how someone with health insurance ends up broke and having claim bankruptcy.

You like your system thats fine but don`t compare it to the Canadian system or the system of most other civilized countries for that matter because IMHO it does not measure up!

Dawg is bringing the big spoon here.

More money per person is spent on health care in the United States than in any other nation in the world,

More broadly, the total number of people in the United States, whether insured or uninsured, who die because of lack of medical care was estimated in a 1997 analysis to be nearly 100,000 per year.[24]

[24]A 1997 study carried out by Professors David Himmelstein and Steffie Woolhandler (New England Journal of Medicine 336, no. 11 [1997]) "concluded that almost 100,000 people died in the United States each year because of lack of needed care—three times the number of people who died of AIDs." The Inhuman State of U.S. Health Care, Monthly Review, Vicente Navarro, September 2003. Retrieved 2009-09-10

From experience, here's what I know. I had cancer and waited for nothing. I signed two pieces of paper, had my surgery the same week as my diagnosis, my treatment and did not have any out of pocket expenses.

Last summer I herniated a disc in my back at work. Got my MRI within 5 days. There are ways to make the system work fast, you just have to do your homework.

My sister lives in NY. She pays $6,000 for her premiums. She has co-pays, limits, lifetime caps and has to wait for insurance approval for each test. If she gets sick enough they can cancel her policy and she will never get insurance again because she will have a pre-existing condition.

The question is, who is more likely to screw you...a big corporation or the government? I find insurance companies to be the single biggest weasel system on earth.

Canadians live longer, have a lower birth mortality and higher satisfaction rate than our US neighbours. Everyone here has coverage.

last year. 80 year old woman has to mortage her home. she needed money to pay for doctors treating her husband. after losing him,and yes claiming bamkruptcy. does pay or die u.s. health care work. only if you have the funds.although canada,s system may have flaws or waits, its more superior. unless you believe in the theory . eat or be eaten.