This notes for you

Grimace

For people who can be sold---- Your a shill.

Jay Leno sure loves his doritos.

A new marketing for the fishing industry is upon us and upon us indeed. For the last few years all you have to do to become a "pro staffer" as it were, is take a package in the mail for free, full of fishing lures and the like and promise when you post on message boards that those particular products performed the best. A picture doesn't hurt either.

Good on ya boys. you got a hundred bucks worth of stuff and it only cost you your credibility and your soul.

Now for the real professionals I can respect it because it actually pays the bills. Good for you if you can make a go of it. They actually talk to their sponsors and have the opportunity to give feedback on what works and ultimately make their team better and more relevant.

But when I see a picture on a fishing board by the average guy that says ``this picture was taken by a such and such camera`it makes me vomit.

Or when a relative newcomer to a body of water, who all of the sudden can catch fish on it with a fishing team. Maybe a web designer. Tells you. Northland macho minnows and buckshots!!!!!! While his buddy ( who actually has fished the bay for a long time) wears the northland hat in every picture.,.... Ugh. Never mind taking a sidewinder and giving an extra bend, or even williams that work ok, or the famous mr champs. Fact of the matter is they all work good, but you have to be on the fish. For being tight lipped for that I do not blame them.

I own an Arctic Cat. I love it. Great sled. Ski doo and Polaris make great rigs as well. The way it is.

My truck is a Toyota Tundra. I love it. I have always loved fords and still do. My dad has a nice new GM, great truck.

I am not on any team. Never will be. Never be part of a club that would have you as a member ( lol)

I think people like teams because it gives them a sense of elitism.

I am sure this will ruffle a few feathers but what the hell, everyone is insulated by there computers and can fantasize about acting as macho as they want.

Your humble servant

Grimace

Holy crap, when did I change my name to Grimace???

Actually you had me, right down to owning a Tundra and still loving Ford, even down to the inlaws owning GM!

The part that I didn't agree with.... Not wanting to be a member of a club. I am sitting on the fence on this one. Miss the boyz, not the politics. So now I renewed a membership to an old club I was active in a number of years ago. Perhaps you might know it, free membership, lots of free stuff to be won. Always upgrades and the best of it is: YOU CAN VENT ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT!

I have been around this club I speak of for many many years and have made my voice being heard about 2149 times.

I have met many many decent people in this club and have also received much useful information towards my fishing, driving, boating, dry walling, electrical, plumbing and what ever else you may want to know about.

Actually, I think YOU ARE a member of the same club.

Cheers, Ron...

Actually you had me, right down to owning a Tundra and still loving Ford, even down to the inlaws owning GM!

The part that I didn't agree with.... Not wanting to be a member of a club. I am sitting on the fence on this one. Miss the boyz, not the politics. So now I renewed a membership to an old club I was active in a number of years ago. Perhaps you might know it, free membership, lots of free stuff to be won. Always upgrades and the best of it is: YOU CAN VENT ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT!

I have been around this club I speak of for many many years and have made my voice being heard about 2149 times.

I have met many many decent people in this club and have also received much useful information towards my fishing, driving, boating, dry walling, electrical, plumbing and what ever else you may want to know about.

Cheers, Ron...

Good one Ron! Fellow clubbie when we going to Rice?

Edited by Harrison

Ya'll know the tune...

Aint fishin for Williams....(Ta, Ta Ta)

Aint fishin for Merc (Ta, Ta Ta)

I don't fish for nobody (Ta, Ta Ta)

Makes me look like a jerk

This hooks for you....

I 'll leave the next verse to someone else

Cheers, Ron...

Agreed. I belong to many quality clubs.

My "never join a club that would have you as a member" comment comes from an old joke my brother use to say. It is a self depreciating kinda thing, I giggle like a school girl every time I hear it.

Agreed. I belong to many quality clubs.

My "never join a club that would have you as a member" comment comes from an old joke my brother use to say. It is a self depreciating kinda thing, I giggle like a school girl every time I hear it.

Trying not to show too much age here but I believe it was Graucho Marx said-----"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member"

I hear ya Grimace. It gets under your skin, but after a while, you'll learn to ignore it and do you own thing. You don't have to drink the Koolaid so to speak.

Same thing going on with hunting. Mostly in the States so far, but if you want a laugh, check out Avery hunting forums. You'll see how the "Black goose down killin' crew" dropped 50 geese with nothing but thier trusty Super Black Eagle 2 and Black Cloud ammo, called them in to GHG fully flocked full body decoys (a mear $600 per doz.) with $150 Zink goose calls, and shot from inside Avery ground blinds..... LOL! 90% of that forum is a sales pitch.

Point is, you seem like a guy that knows bull when you see/hear it, so don't sweat it.