So Who's Going to BOQ this Saturday??

Leecher

Well this will be our first time out on the BOQ and I just can't wait to give it a try..... I've seen so many reports of big walleyes that it's all I dream about :lol:

I'm not quite sure which area we are going yet, I think it's Napanee area..... well any how, if you are going to be in the neighborhood, come and say hi :) would be great to meet some of you guys :thumbsup_anim:

I'll know more details about our adventure tomorrow.

Tight lines

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Sounds like a blast Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

I looked up the weather forecast for that area for the weekend and it looks like a balmy -8 on Sat. and -6 on Sun., y'all be runnin' around in short pants and t-shirts in that kinda weather eh? ;)

There are "green trout" in that area, so you need to remind that Whitespinnerbait guy that they're off limits or he'll be stenching up the ice with those disgusting things! :angry:

Y'all be keerful and most of all Have Fun!!!

I will be there

I am attending JeffC's Ice Fishing Seminar

Hey I love new techniques and that guy can haul em up like no one I have ever seen... so I will be paying close attention

It might break my love - hate relationship that I have with that body of water.

I have no idea where we will be fishing... so... good luck everyone and watch that ice especially around current and if you don't know the bay and you don't see any anglers there... then you probably would be wise to avoid that patch of real estate. Stick with the crowd.

Tight lines

Sounds like a blast Jacques!!!

I looked up the weather forecast for that area for the weekend and it looks like a balmy -8 on Sat. and -6 on Sun., y'all be runnin' around in short pants and t-shirts in that kinda weather eh?

There are "green trout" in that area, so you need to remind that Whitespinnerbait guy that they're off limits or he'll be stenching up the ice with those disgusting things!

Y'all be keerful and most of all Have Fun!!!

Thanks Glen!!! Yeah should be a blast for sure B) I just can't wait..... weather wise, not too cold, just perfect :D not sure about the short pants and t-shirts, we have a 3 hour+ drive to get there so I'll make sure I bring extra clothing just in case ;)

As for the Green Trout, no worries.... I'll remind Paul of it for sure ;)

Just to get in the walleye mood, I booked tomorrow off cause no school for my daughter so will be going over to my favorite lake for some quality time out on the hard stuff and may be get into some smaller eyes :) She has her own jigging rod now... bought her one last night B)

Well I know I won't be there but I hope you have a great day!

And remember only 2 lines per angler, that's right only 2......

Thanks Chris!!!! Yeah I know.... 2 rods <_< but on the bright side.... means less work maintaining the holes :lol:

I'll be there!

I'd offer some info, but that would be classified as "SPAM" on this board.....unless of course your PM me for details.

Thanks for the offer Stoty!!! This is all new to me but will have more details by Friday as to which area we are targetting.... If you happen to see a guy with a black suit and fur hat, come by and say hi :)

I will be there

I am attending JeffC's Ice Fishing Seminar

Hey I love new techniques and that guy can haul em up like no one I have ever seen... so I will be paying close attention

It might break my love - hate relationship that I have with that body of water.

I have no idea where we will be fishing... so... good luck everyone and watch that ice especially around current and if you don't know the bay and you don't see any anglers there... then you probably would be wise to avoid that patch of real estate. Stick with the crowd.

Tight lines

Thanks Seaweed!!! Good advice and good luck to you too :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

You going to be out on Valentine's day with the team as well?

I sure am my friend! We better get some good fish...that way it's worth being in the doghouse!! LOL

Thanks for the offer Stoty!!! This is all new to me but will have more details by Friday as to which area we are targetting.... If you happen to see a guy with a black suit and fur hat, come by and say hi

No problem dude. I'm happy to help.

Hey Jacques....you mean to tell me that you dug into your pockets and finally bought an Ontario fishing license :w00t: ....good on you!!!!....have fun :canadian: ....there's no stopping ya now ;)

Thanks Steve!!! Couldn't pass the opportunity to get a chance of catching a monster eye :D Should be a blast B)

Hey Jacques......how did you and the amigos do???

It was a blast all right.... hurricane winds :o:angry: On the east side, there was 5" to 6" of black ice.... Got setup in about 25' fow, marked fish on the electronics but could not get any fish to comit <_<

Well except for Kevin..... he got a hit a couple of hours into it and that was about all we could endure in those hurricane winds unfortunately :blush: Ah well theirs always next time B)

.. either they're writing reports... or were visited by Pepe LePew. ;)

Nothing to report Glen.... Pepe LePew had to upper hand :angry:

It was still a nice 4 hour drive out and 4 back :w00t: We made it all the way to Belleville only to see the big pressure crack the was very dominantly holding in the middle of the bay :w00t: Ice over there not safe at all

But just to give you some type of report..... here's what our day went about...

Got up at 2:30am, prepped the last minute gear and food for this adventure and left at 3:00am, picked up Kevin and the way we go...

Arrived in Napanee at sun up and proceeded onto the bay.... wind started to pickup and 2 hours into fishing... gusting pretty hard.... we saw one guy running after his portable hut and that was all we could endure, so we got off and stopped for a coffee and breakfast.

After being able to get warmer, decided to head over to Belleville and see if we could somehow get into another session but the ice was not safe at all and the pressure crack was huge, so we decide to head back. On our way back, we could see open water everywhere that usually at this time of year would frozen over.

So needless to say, we made our trip back to Gatineau and arrived at 4:30pm :w00t: At around 8:30pm I crashed into bed only to wake up this morning at around 9:00am :)

It was nice to see another part of the globe that I never set foot on B)

We all had fun except for that darn wind :devil:

Ah well..... that's part of the game

Jacques