LSPP Report ANOTHER broken blade :D

archie_james_c

ME and my buddy went up into the park again today. Was slow all morning and into the afternoon with NO hits what-so-ever until 1:50 when we were eating lunch. My buddy pulled up a 15" Laker on a Mr.Champ. Changed spots, found a drop off and dropped a white tube jig tipped with a minnow. The tube jig didn't make it to the bottom when a nice little 18"er swallowed it. I took the jig/minnow out and dropped it back down and was rewarded with another 19"er that didn't let it hit bottom again :lol: . Gotta love that kinda action B) .

AND My Imp of a partner who broke my last Gerber Saw, broke my 6" Buck Knife splitting some cedar to burn :lol: . I'm gonna start making him give me a cash deposit before using my blades :D .

Picture025-1.jpg

Picture023-1.jpg

Nice report. Good eaters man.

I'm thinking I was at the same lake sat.

We did good, very light bites on the deadsticks/tip ups but the fish were hitting our jigging presentations hard.

No need for snowshoes either we just wore our boots in.

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

went out with 2 friends last weekend. didn't get anything, didn't even see anybody get anything.

for the knife, Sinker is right. full lifetime warranty on Bucks. Your knife looks pretty new with a few nicks but it still the original edge and everything so it should be an easy exchange, maybe forget to tell you were using it as a log splitter. I stick to other brands now mostly because Buck uses a variety of 440 or 420HC for almost all of their blades

Well I guess you didn't learn your lesson the first time, anything sharp used for cutting shouldn't be used for chopping, eh. Some things that are never lent, ice augers, knives, axes, cause they either come back broken, bent or dull.

Hey...lemme borrow your knife, I wanna split some firewood.

Wouldn't you rather use the axe?

No..I wanna try out your knife.

:rolleyes:

You gentleman have never heard of the term "batoning" I assume...

I shouldn't have been using a cheap buck knife to do so though. So I'm not really mad about it.

Nice report. Good eaters man.

I'm thinking I was at the same lake sat.

We did good, very light bites on the deadsticks/tip ups but the fish were hitting our jigging presentations hard.

No need for snowshoes either we just wore our boots in.

TDunn

I think we were on the same lake as well Dunn :lol: . How'd you like the cliffhanger style side hill going into the lake? :D

I think we were on the same lake as well Dunn :lol: . How'd you like the cliffhanger style side hill going into the lake? :D

The hike into the lake was great, I really enjoyed it. We had the girls out with us that day and we couldnt have asked for better weather!

Was that you guys we walked by at the first point? The fishing was pretty good for us.....We landed 12 (all lakers most were caught on white tubes) but we missed well over a dozen on the deadsticks.....The girls were having more fun building/maintaining the fire and cooking hotdogs/smores than running for lines...LOL, but they were happy so I was happy!!

I was tempted to go back sunday but we decided to go perchin on superior....

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

You gentleman have never heard of the term "batoning" I assume...

I shouldn't have been using a cheap buck knife to do so though. So I'm not really mad about it.

A good claw hammer works too....but its not the intended purpose.

But I guess when you're hiking in you keep the weight down

Edited by Dara

Nice little eaters!! And batoning is a very common way for people to break up kindling, I actually learned it as a boy in army cadets...we never had great knife for it it was allways old bayonets...although they did hold up alot better then your Buck...better to buy a great knife once then a not half bad one 20 times...good report...would definetley start making you buddy sign some sort of waiver or agreement as to the you break it you bought it kind...if nothing else it'll give you a good laugh when you mention it on the way out for your next trip!!

I was tempted to go back sunday but we decided to go perchin on superiour....

TDunn

Sorry TDunn, we were there on Sunday, not Saturday :) .

But I guess when you're hiking in you keep the weight down

DING DING DING!!!

Nice little eaters!! And batoning is a very common way for people to break up kindling, I actually learned it as a boy in army cadets...we never had great knife for it it was allways old bayonets...although they did hold up alot better then your Buck...better to buy a great knife once then a not half bad one 20 times...good report...would definetley start making you buddy sign some sort of waiver or agreement as to the you break it you bought it kind...if nothing else it'll give you a good laugh when you mention it on the way out for your next trip!!

I agree with buying a GOOD knife once. I bought this one when I first started Moose hunting 6 years ago...didn't know any better. As for my buddy breaking it...I don't care, because if he wouldn't have broke it, I would have because I was batoning wood with it all that day :D...just crapty luck that he was using it when it broke. I blame nothing on him. :)

Nice work on the fish.

You should let me carry a punch of heavy, fancy crap in for you so you have such luxuries

Fixed it for you B)