Aquaview scout

vinnimon

How long does your rechargeable 7 amp battery last in the cold?And how long too charge it?I purchased a new one from intertate,mine lasted 3 hours from full charge.I must have a dud.Its been on the charger for 1 1/2 hrs now.My last battery(original) lasted over 4 hrs continous use.I told interstate(one of our suppliers) the application for the battery at the time.Is there a better or subzero battery out there that will outpreform this one.If not Ill pick up a spare for just this purpose.Thanks

If I remember correctly, I think they last from 4-7 hours, depending on the temps, in todays cold temps, probably not more than 4 hours. Your battery could probably do with an initial 12-18 hour charge depending on the charger(Idon't know what you have). You can of course get larger batteries but they won't fit inside the case. Those 12V 7 amp gell cells are about as good as it gets, no worry of tipping over and dumping acid on anything.

If I remember correctly, I think they last from 4-7 hours, depending on the temps, in todays cold temps, probably not more than 4 hours. Your battery could probably do with an initial 12-18 hour charge depending on the charger(Idon't know what you have). You can of course get larger batteries but they won't fit inside the case. Those 12V 7 amp gell cells are about as good as it gets, no worry of tipping over and dumping acid on anything.
Oh that I know,disharge rate at different temps and all,Thats not a prob.This being a new reputable battery(interstate)If I may have a dud.Mind you today was the first time using up the battery.I have it on charge and I will give to morning and load test it.I will buy a spare for this reason.4 hrs or so in cold temps.I was curious if there is a sub zero battery that some of you guys come across.

Here's what I did to mine....ripped out the wires for the C batteries and rigged up a 50 foot lenght of cablssc
I have a sealed 7amp rechargable battery in my aquaview.I could bring an extra truck battery and plug in the front of the unit.That would go for a day or two straight.But thats too heavy to haul around unless i had a atv or snowmobile.Ill trade my car for one.No joke I would as per my post 91 lincoln.

I keep it in a hut with some heat.Not much.Maybe some body warmers under it will give it extra time.BBut that would bring up the cost up in the long run.A spare battery Would bring it up to 8 hours min on cold day.Thats what I will do.Thanks everyone for input on the topic.